Washington Post's "Sound Crazy" article

<font color='#000000'>This was my favorite part:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Music bursts from a set of $18,000 handmade Italian speakers. The tweeters are floating, thanks again to opposing magnets.

&quot;The vibrations of the woofer would transfer to the tweeter, so it's isolated from the woofer,&quot;</td></tr></table>
I just love these guys! They make me laugh. and this is a nice ending to this story:<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">&quot;The next thing to do is put the sandboxes under the two power supplies back there,&quot; he says earnestly. &quot;I've been told by people who've done it that it's really quite a nice improvement.&quot;</td></tr></table>
I've been told by people that bananas will make my amplifier sound better... and thus the idea is planted, and the truth put to rest behind a facade of mental gymnastics...</font>

E

elkano

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Does anybody know what type of gear this guy (David Segal) uses when playing music/movies? &nbsp;I guess he did a little research before sitting down to type. &nbsp;It is funny specially this;
[By design, the process is never-ending. Once you have the equipment, you need air bladders to eliminate vibrations. Once you've eliminated vibrations, you need better equipment. Then you need better air bladders, and so on until you've spent an ungodly amount.]

He did not mention the WAF (Women Acceptance Factor) which soon enough will make some of us to just settle.

elkano
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis