Wanted: Bookshelves or towers for budget bedroom setup

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
Looking for a pair of speakers for a budget bedroom setup. I've got a few pairs in mind but am always interested in what people are trying to get rid of.

Looking for under $150.

Thanks.

C

collegeaudio

Audioholic
Impressive reviews - not sure how I missed this model.

Any comparison to the old floorstanders for $130/pr, the SP-FS51's?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've heard the FS51s in my own setup and I prefer the current models - the FS52 sounds significantly better, and I'd still choose the BS22 over the FS51. I bought a pair of FS51s to try out and ended up returning them. I've had my BS22s for over a year and still enjoy them.

These are highly reviewed as well. A little above budget, but even Dennis Murphy said he likes them:

http://www.accessories4less.com/index.php?page=search&search_query=cambridge+s30&x=0&y=0

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
If you have a microcenter near you, you can get the Pio 22's for $69.00 a pair. Call before you go to see if they are in stock.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic
Also, Craigslist if you haven't looked there ;)

G

GFOViedo

Audioholic
I don't think you are anywhere near Visalia, Ca. I could sell you a pair of Jamo S426 or a pair of Energy EF-500 for $150. For $300 I would sell you a pair of Polk Audio Monitor 70 II + a Polk Audio Monitor 25C. Or if you want the whole 7.0 set up for $500.

D

davee70

Junior Audioholic
I have a pair of Axiom M3Ti's that I am no longer using. They have a light oak finish. Very nice looking. Used lightly only about a year or two. In like new condition in the original boxes. Bass is very good. Dialogue is really terrific. I used them with my TV set up at the time and they performed exceptionally well. Price is negotiable. Here's one review: The Amazing Axiom Audio Millennia M3Ti Bookshelf Loudspeakers by A. Colin Flood

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis