Wallplate connection ideas ?

K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
My media closet is outside the theater room and i need a wallplate that has two female HDMI, female component and 110V. I expect to install the 110V as a separate jack, but the other three would be nice to see in the same plate. I've used Levitron before for various receptacle jacks (they have a great snap in modular decora plate product line) but cannot see these particular jacks in their lineup.

What do you folks use ?

Last edited:
M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I use Leviton for the network jacks and Dayton from partsexpress.com for speaker binding posts and coax jacks.

The Dayton plates and jacks are modular and monoprice.com sells what looks to be the exact same thing but $1 cheaper. I've never needed HDMI jacks in a wall plate so haven't looked for them but I'm sure partsexpress has something.

It's easiest to find what all they have by just searching for 'decora'.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
Thanks BMXTRIX, that is very close to what I ordered today. Forgot about checking with monoprice though - (I've used them before, but just don't think about them for anything but cables). They beat the price I paid too - Oh well.
I also did not think about the divider wall inside the box. Good thinking - I didn't know those boxes existed. How much weight do you give this ? I've already installed a 3 gang box, but can still trade it out.
Actually, i just checked the box i used and it has the slots for the divider, so i guess i'll look for that tomorrow.

Thanks again !!

Last edited:
K

kiwiaudionut

Audioholic
Well, just in case someone else heads down this road, the carlton divider is only made for a few of their boxes and of course, not the old work box i used !
I cut it down and made it work with trusty caulk filling in the gap at the back.
I also drilled my own holes in the back to route the wires. This makes trading them out and installing others way easier than messing with the installed plastic strain releif tabs that also like to crush the cable.
I also always install a pull wire for later runs. Just pull another one through when you use it.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis