C

calgarianperson

Junior Audioholic
i'm looking at setting up everything with the crestron control system, reciever, pvr, and audio server in a seperate room from my bigscreen. i hate having cables shoved under rugs etc and so i'm wondering if you can reccomend any good faceplates for component video from the reciever and hdtv cable box to the bigsreen. I saw some of these at a neighbors house for audio and im thinking of doing the same thing to all of the 7 channels.

next since the system is in the back theres some stuff im going to want to run through the system but not have it set up all the time. others in my household are not technically inclined so i was wondering if this idea would work, and if anybody knows where i could get units like it.

Say i have the karaoke machine (composite output) and an xbox (component). On some occasions i would want to hook up the xbox through the 7.1 surround sound and so i would need it running through my reciever. since the controllers would never reach and i dont want people going back into my tech room could i get faceplates to run into the back by having jacks on the wall in the bigscreen room that run to jacks in the reciever room and then hooking the ones in the reciever room up to a video 3 (component) input for example. i would then program crestron so when somebody presses the karaoke button on the touchscreen/ (or remote) it would automatically switch to video 3 input and allow the audio and video that i just plugged in in my theater room to be run to the screen and the 7.1.

i know what i said might sound confusing but it comes down to could I or Where could I get face plates for component/ composite/ and audio to hook up to.

ps (is there such a thing as coax or optical face plates?

Senior Audioholic
Take a look at the Leviton Quickport series. They have many different connectors that can be mixed and matched like RCA, F, BNC, Phone, Ethernet, and even binding posts. The connectors and wall plates are bought seperatly and the connectors just snap in the plates in what ever configuration you need.

BTW: I think the RCA type would be fine for component video and coaxial digital audio. I don't think they make an optical one.

J

John Kotches

Audiophyte
The Leviton Quickports work well generally speaking. I used them to hide all of my cabling in-wall except the DVIs, which have a couple of plates from DVI Gear to do the job for me.

Some of the connectors, such as the F connectors are a bit difficult to deal with in the wall plate, but other than that I'm very pleased with the results.

FYI, pull extra cabling, or install conduit so that you aren't stuck down the road needed to add on to the cabling infrastructure with no easy way to do so.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Leviton stuff works very well and is easy to install. Here's what the quickport face plates look like in action:

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis