Wall/Bookshelf Speakers for Audiophile HT?

R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>My new HT system that I will use for stereo and DVD-audio too will be driven by the Yamaha RX-V2400 7.1 channel reciever. I am getting Yamaha NS-333's for the back four speakers and a Yamaha powered sub-woofer. However I do not have room to keep the NS-555's &nbsp;I originally bought as I have found they need be well away from the back wall to avoid a muddy base and I do not have the room. This is disapointing but I have no room to get around this so I need a speaker that is complementary to go on the wall. I was hopeing for something upscale from another two NS-333's but maybe that is the amswer. I also am trying to buy a set of old NS-1000's buit may not be abale to get them.

Any suggestions please?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Timbre matching is a very important yet grossly overlooked aspect in HT for seamless surround sound, by putting mains of different type, you are surely inviting a clash rather than harmony, the upscale version of NS-555 is NS-4HX.</font>

R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Now you have said many times the upscale version of the NS-555 in a wall speaker is the NS-4HX you know I am in the USA and these are not available. I have tried hard to find a way to get them, even contacting Yamaha Canada but they would not even direct me to a dealer when they knew where I lived!

Are you saying there just is no USA option and I must go with the 333's or stay with the poorly positioned 555's?</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>Mike,

Have you checked out offerings from Paradigm, Axiom, Dynaudio nd Magnepan, I suggest you do so, you might be able to find a right compromise with them.

Good Luck.</font>

R

RX-V2400

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Why might these speakers &quot;blend&quot; and not also give the sonic discourse you said i would get with the NS-1000's?n Seems to be these are just, even more so different in charature.

Tonite I positioned the 333's sideways so the back port glazes the wall and the bottom end was quite clean. may just stick with the 333's when I get the SW and the center and hook up the RX-V2400. le's wait and see.

Thnks Y. luver</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis