Volvo Adds Dolby Pro Logic II to All Vehicles

Dolby Laboratories today announced that Dolby Pro Logic II technology will be offered in the all-new Volvo C70, launched today at the Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA). With the addition of Dolby audio technology to Volvo's C70, Volvo's entire 2006 line of cars provide Dolby Pro Logic II as a customer option, offering a home theater-like experience on the go. Volvo is the first car manufacturer to offer Dolby Pro Logic II technology in an entire line of cars. This is a pretty nifty as Dolby Pro Logic II provides some pretty convincingly discreet surround tracks on just about any two-channel source material (your "mileage" may vary per track).

[Read More]

Last edited by a moderator:
G

gymphboi

Enthusiast
This makes far more sense than including DVD-A as part of the car's audio package.

-Tony

goodman

goodman

Full Audioholic
Pro Logic II seems like it would be a low-cost "no-brainer", for motor vehicles, unless it doesn't work as well in the confines of an automobile. I wonder why they're not installing IIx.

M

mumum

Audiophyte
I have the Dolby pro logic I in my current volvo c70. I can confirm that this is one of the best sounding systems I have experienced (yes better than the levinson one in lexus imo). They actually have three modes normal, center channel (ie. three channel up front) and prologic (uses all 7 speakers in my convertible ;-)). In this scenario even the rear gets to feel like you sitting at the ideal lisening positiion.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis