Volume On "Finding Neverland" DVD...

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
DVD was just released this week (great movie!).

For anyone who has purchased this disc, have you found that you must significantly increase the volume of your receiver/amp to achieve a comfortable listening level - especially for the dialogue?

Generally, I use a volume level of about -30db for most movies but I had to crank it up to -20db (that's a lot in relative terms) on my Yam RXV-2400 for this DVD.

-GeorgeM

Shinerman

Shinerman

Senior Audioholic
Without getting to technical, because I can't :rolleyes:, I think recorded volume levels vary from Movie to Movie. Terminator may be lower than Neverland or vice versa. As long as the volume is "consistent" throughout the movie, I doubt there is a problem. In other words, generally you should not have to constantly be changing the volume from scene to scene. Many of my DVDs have to be played at different levels. I have a Yamaha 1400 and it's seems like I play DVDs anywhere from -15 to -25 or so.

Hope that helps. Maybe someone can give you a more technical answer.

Shinerman

G

GeorgeM

Audioholic
Yeah, I guess you're right about the recording levels. I suppose with newly pressed DVD's such as this one a person tends to expect a higher fidelity (volume, etc) on these discs from the existing technology :confused: .

Some threads in related forums have also suggested using presence speakers to expand the output of the center channel (dialog) but I'm skeptical about doing this; I've not seen anyone categorically state that this is the cat's meow for extending the dialog output.

Thanks for your reply.

-G

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis