Voice quality Focals

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
I know I’ve mentioned it before when I was running stereo on a 40 watt NAD but I’m still noticing it some with my new 3.1 setup and 90 watt Denon. The issue is sometimes the vocals sound like they were recorded in a sound booth then dubbed in over the sound track. It isn’t subtle either, it’s annoying and very apparent. Before I blame the speakers is this something others have noticed and is it possibly my setup or just my tweeters? Unfortunately I’m a perfectionist by nature and it’s really bothering me. I don’t know how to describe it, it’s almost like a claymation cartoon where the background and the characters are completely separate, that’s how the vocals sound, the soundtrack and the vocals just don’t belong together. Then other scenes the vocals will hit a high frequency then stop artificially, like they want to go higher but are hitting a ceiling while other high pitch background sounds are going much higher. Maybe another way to describe it the vocals sound like they are being played through a very flat studio monitor while the rest of the sound track is dynamic. I wish I had a better way to describe what I’m hearing but it’s very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

TankTop5

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks for all the replies I appreciate it... lol, just kidding!

Anyway, I was wondering if possibly one of my crossovers was going bad. Is there a CD that will do multi channel test tones, something that will help me pinpoint if there is an issue or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis