Voice of God and the Marantz AV-8805A

T

Thorerik

Audiophyte
I'm not really seeing in the on screen setup assistant how to configure my receiver for VOG. I have the height left/center/right speakers in the front of the room above my TV. VOG is supposed to be placed in the center of the room over the listeners. I don't have a channel for the VOG that I can see. Just to get my configuration down I have two separate subs fed by the left and right sub outputs. The assignable outputs support the overhead speakers. I do not have "wide" speakers. As I go through the test procedure in the setup assistant I get correct audio from all speakers in the right locations. Just don't know what to do about the VOG speaker, where does it get it's output? I am using all outputs on the receiver, none are open.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
A lot of AVRs which aren't set up specifically for a VOG channel will use Top Middle for this, similar as to how the Rear Surrounds will be sent information for the old format Rear Center.
At least here in the US, there is still not much in the way of Auro content which will take advantage of VOG, at least as I understand it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm not really seeing in the on screen setup assistant how to configure my receiver for VOG. I have the height left/center/right speakers in the front of the room above my TV. VOG is supposed to be placed in the center of the room over the listeners. I don't have a channel for the VOG that I can see. Just to get my configuration down I have two separate subs fed by the left and right sub outputs. The assignable outputs support the overhead speakers. I do not have "wide" speakers. As I go through the test procedure in the setup assistant I get correct audio from all speakers in the right locations. Just don't know what to do about the VOG speaker, where does it get it's output? I am using all outputs on the receiver, none are open.
Did you configure your speakers for the Auro3D set up?

T

Thorerik

Audiophyte
Did you configure your speakers for the Auro3D set up?
I think I see where I went wrong. Page 72 of the owner's manual shows a 15.1 setup that supports Auro3D and Dolby Atmos. I see that I will not be able to use many of the overhead speakers I installed as I have run out of channels on my Pre/Pro. On the over head I had installed Front Height L/C/R, Top Front L/R, Top Rear L/R and Rear Height L/R and of course the single VOG speaker in the middle of the listening area. The rest of the setup is normal L/C/R, surround L/R, Back surround L/R and two subs. Probably will leave the configuration set for Atmos. If I am correct what the Pre/Pro needs is another pair or two of assignable channels. If anyone see a way around it so I can have my cake and eat it too give a shout. Thanks in advance!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis