Vizio PX65-G1 WiFi issues????

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
I'll get to the point, I switched out my ISP WiFi router for my own(Asus RT-AX86U). Connected to everything just fine, except the TV ( Vizio PX65-G1 ). I had already returned the ISP router, FYI . The TV sometimes sees the WiFi networks including neighbors and sometimes doesn't find any network. BTW Routers only like 20 foot away. I doubt its the router i have everything else working better than ever.

Here's where I kick myself: The TV was up to date firmware wise, but I couldn't figure out the WiFi so I ended up doing a factory reset. Back to square one, I lose HDR10+ & Dolby Vision....... Mother $%#$^#^%&^$#^@!@#T^*(($!

Anywho, Has anywho dealt with Vizio and this particular issue? Or any issues on this model?

I've pretty much given up on the WiFi. I tried updating through USB but that didn't work either. I did called a buddy to borrow a Ethernet cable long enough to at least update the TV to the current firmware but he's sick and I'd hate to buy a cable to use once.

As for the Smart TV portion, honestly it always sucked so I'm thinking im going to go the Roku Ultra route. ( I'll need to see if I can connect that to the Harmony ).

Guess this was more of a gripe than anything but I guess my question is the one above in red. Otherwise I've been fairly happy with the TV. Sure there are better TV out there but for the money I was happy... Until now... I've had the TV since 2019.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
BTW, I forgot to mention I called Vizio, and spoke to a guy that was useless really. Sounded like he was eating a burrito and drinking a soda while he was talking to me... Basically said" I dont know man, sounds like its broken. You'll need to take it to a repair shop". LOL that was all I got out of it.

Look this think is 80 something LBS and bulky... I'm not taking it off the wall for the wifi....

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I'll get to the point, I switched out my ISP WiFi router for my own(Asus RT-AX86U). Connected to everything just fine, except the TV ( Vizio PX65-G1 ). I had already returned the ISP router, FYI . The TV sometimes sees the WiFi networks including neighbors and sometimes doesn't find any network. BTW Routers only like 20 foot away. I doubt its the router i have everything else working better than ever.

Here's where I kick myself: The TV was up to date firmware wise, but I couldn't figure out the WiFi so I ended up doing a factory reset. Back to square one, I lose HDR10+ & Dolby Vision....... Mother $%#$^#^%&^$#^@!@#T^*(($!

Anywho, Has anywho dealt with Vizio and this particular issue? Or any issues on this model?

I've pretty much given up on the WiFi. I tried updating through USB but that didn't work either. I did called a buddy to borrow a Ethernet cable long enough to at least update the TV to the current firmware but he's sick and I'd hate to buy a cable to use once.

As for the Smart TV portion, honestly it always sucked so I'm thinking im going to go the Roku Ultra route. ( I'll need to see if I can connect that to the Harmony ).

Guess this was more of a gripe than anything but I guess my question is the one above in red. Otherwise I've been fairly happy with the TV. Sure there are better TV out there but for the money I was happy... Until now... I've had the TV since 2019.
Hardwire whatever can be hardwired.

If you can't connect to the router, make sure it's not trying to use the 5GHz band- a lot of AV equipment can't use it. Many smart devices like Dyson vacuums and smart outlets/lights/switches can't use it, either- you should be able to turn off the 5GHz band and connect to the 2.4GHz, instead.

You can also contact ASUS tech support. Tech support is mostly people working at home, now. Welcome to the New Normal.

If you can't get a decent WiFi signal from more than 20', you need to move the router- you can't just plop it on a table or shelf and expect it to work well. Sounds like it wasn't set up properly. Read the manual.

It's not the TV's fault.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic

If you can't connect to the router, make sure it's not trying to use the 5GHz band- a lot of AV equipment can't use it. Many smart devices like Dyson vacuums and smart outlets/lights/switches can't use it, either- you should be able to turn off the 5GHz band and connect to the 2.4GHz, instead.

You can also contact ASUS tech support. Tech support is mostly people working at home, now. Welcome to the New Normal.

If you can't get a decent WiFi signal from more than 20', you need to move the router- you can't just plop it on a table or shelf and expect it to work well. Sounds like it wasn't set up properly. Read the manual.

It's not the TV's fault.
Here's the thing:
1) the router is in the identical location the previous router was located.
2) manual was read and properly setup and I consulted a network engineer to confirm after the fact.
3) I've tried hooking up both 2.4ghz as well as 5ghz. The problem is the TV is sporadically seeing or not seeing any network. Not just my network but the neighbors as well.
4) yes will be hard wiring next but curious to my question above.
5) everything else in my household, much further away from the router connected just fine, which includes tablets, phones, PC's, Roku's, Camera, Doorbell, every smart device in my house hold, without any connectivity issues. The TV is the only product with this issue....

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Frustrating for sure. Have you unplugged the TV for a considerable amount of time and then tried to connect to the network after plugging it back in? Sometimes devices just need a good yank of the plug when they lose their marbles.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Frustrating for sure. Have you unplugged the TV for a considerable amount of time and then tried to connect to the network after plugging it back in? Sometimes devices just need a good yank of the plug when they lose their marbles.
Yeah, unplug for over 24 hours. A bit overkill but better safe I supposed. Still just random. Funny thing is at one point I did get to find the network put in my password, it didn't accept it but then the next day it showed up on the TV as a strong signal BUT also showing no network on the TV. So I turned it off and back on and the network was gone.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Here's the thing:
1) the router is in the identical location the previous router was located.
2) manual was read and properly setup and I consulted a network engineer to confirm after the fact.
3) I've tried hooking up both 2.4ghz as well as 5ghz. The problem is the TV is sporadically seeing or not seeing any network. Not just my network but the neighbors as well.
4) yes will be hard wiring next but curious to my question above.
5) everything else in my household, much further away from the router connected just fine, which includes tablets, phones, PC's, Roku's, Camera, Doorbell, every smart device in my house hold, without any connectivity issues. The TV is the only product with this issue....
Sorry, I didn't see that it doesn't see ANY networks.

It's a PITA, but you could reset the TV- if it works, great- if not, it would seem that the wireless NIC may be bad.

Benni777

Benni777

Audioholic
Sorry, I didn't see that it doesn't see ANY networks.

It's a PITA, but you could reset the TV- if it works, great- if not, it would seem that the wireless NIC may be bad.
No worries, it certainly was a PITA, LOL. I got it running again though. Thanks.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Joy! What exactly did the trick? Is the new network using the same name and password as the old? Some devices will need their wifi turned off and back on with new setups while others need to be told to forget a preferred network and start over. Whatever you did, write it down for next time.;)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai

It's not the TV's fault.
(Hardwire whatever)<best,
Ethernet, Most secured.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis