Visual Apex VApex Fixed Frame Screens First Look

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Visual Apex has released a new line of fixed screens that are easily assembled at home and are quite affordable. Sporting a CinemaWhite high gain fabric (1.1 gain, 80 degree viewing angle), the VApex (get it, Visual Apex = VApex) screens come in 92, 100, 106, 120, and 135 inches diagonal for $329, $339, $349, $399, and $499 respectively. It's hard to imagine that you could DIY a screen for less than the cost of the VApex screen. Assembly looks to be a snap, the materials all look to be very high quality, and you can go from box to watching a movie in less than an hour (it seems). If you've had your eye on a projector to bring your home theater to the next level, the Visual Apex VApex screens should be in the back of your mind.

Discuss "Visual Apex VApex Fixed Frame Screens First Look" here. Read the article.

jebeltra

Audiophyte
vapex screen

I recently got a VAPEx screen together with a projector and mount part of a VAPEX combo (panasonic 8700, 92" screen, IR set, Ceiling mount).

The setting up the whole thing, including the mount took me like 2-3 hours. I had to fine tune some later on, but it was up and working in 2-3 hours. The screen was really quick, really straight forward. The whole thing is very solid and stable. I practically hanged the screen from a 2x4 I ran across the target wall to leave some space behind the screen (I had some cables comming from behind the wall - bad planning on my side). Hanged this was a not so sturdy construction would be subject to bending but there is no way to bend or flex this baby.

I have not seen this projector on another screen and this is my first projector so, I am not really qualified to comment on video properties of the screen. The only thing I can say, is that it does not have the same pop as my panasonic plasma, but that was expected. I looks great, like a believe a projector should.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis