KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had found that last video just the other day, as it's the one I directed at my son so he could learn all of that important info and be more competent and confident with his new-to-him turntable. Very good one.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
My cartridge and stylus showed up yesterday from Amazon. My belt & headshell should be here by tomorrow. Can't wait to hook everything up to my new used Yamaha reciever, DCM speakers, and Pioneer TT tomorrow night. I also ordered the praised AT110e(correction it's a AT3600L) cart for 12 bucks on fleabay should be here in two weeks. :cool::eek::cool:Rah.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
afterlife, thanks for the informative links !

Keep us posted as to how all your new 'goodies' sound !

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
My cartridge and stylus showed up yesterday from Amazon. My belt & headshell should be here by tomorrow. Can't wait to hook everything up to my new used Yamaha reciever, DCM speakers, and Pioneer TT tomorrow night. I also ordered the praised AT110e cart for 12 bucks on fleabay should be here in two weeks. :cool::eek::cool:Rah.
You cobbled together a decent little stand alone vinyl setup with minimal cost pretty fast! Stuff like this is as fun to follow as big budget full on HT builds, lol.

Last edited:
Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
You cobbled together a decent little stand alone vynil setup with minimal cost pretty fast! Stuff like this is as fun to follow as big budget full on HT builds, lol.
agreed, amen to that !

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My cartridge and stylus showed up yesterday from Amazon. My belt & headshell should be here by tomorrow. Can't wait to hook everything up to my new used Yamaha reciever, DCM speakers, and Pioneer TT tomorrow night. I also ordered the praised AT110e cart for 12 bucks on fleabay should be here in two weeks. :cool::eek::cool:Rah.
You can teleport back to the 70s soon!

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Thanks guys I actually picked up some more minty 14 LP's(Jazz, Pop, Rock & Classical) for $1 each tonight at my local goodwill after work. I will post some pics once I get everything together.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks guys I actually picked up some more minty 14 LP's(Jazz, Pop, Rock & Classical) for $1 each tonight at my local goodwill after work. I will post some pics once I get everything together.
excellent, I forgot, if you mentioned it before, what is your cleaning method ?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
excellent, I forgot, if you mentioned it before, what is your cleaning method ?
Hi Mikado! I cleaned my TT with a soft cloth and used water and alcohol and now it looks almost new. If you notice the lid in the back are broken. You can see the pieces missing in the back, but it's OK not noticeable and maybe later on I can get a new cover. It really cleaned up well it was real dirty and the belt was stale and in pieces. Records I clean with water and a soft cloth if needed. This is a joy for me getting it back to work. I forgot I need to get a table. Back to the thrift furniture store to get one.

Mikado463

Mikado463

Audioholic Spartan
Records I clean with water and a soft cloth if needed. This is a joy for me getting it back to work. I forgot I need to get a table. Back to the thrift furniture store to get one.
Ok, when it comes to cleaning LP's tap water is generally considered a no-no. Distilled is much preferred. At a minimum I suggest you get a 'spin clean' or at least this cheaper variant ...........

Most of the commercial cleaning fluids along with a distilled water rinse do a fine job.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness when it comes to enjoying your Lp's !

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Ok, when it comes to cleaning LP's tap water is generally considered a no-no. Distilled is much preferred. At a minimum I suggest you get a 'spin clean' or at least this cheaper variant ...........

Most of the commercial cleaning fluids along with a distilled water rinse do a fine job.

Cleanliness is next to Godliness when it comes to enjoying your Lp's !
Whoa thanks man. I always wanted one of those. That is a great deal. I might pick one up soon. Gotta get some bills paid first. I'll probably also get a duster. This month has been good to me and I am so grateful. The rest of the year was bad cause I have a sick family member. Hopefully 2020 will be as good as Dec for me and all my audioholics family.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You saved me a search TY Mikado! In cart for future purchase. :cool:

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
You cobbled together a decent little stand alone vinyl setup with minimal cost pretty fast!
It's the Hipster Starter Pack. Turn table, Bose speakers ... now he just needs a pack of smokes. :)

You saved me a search TY Mikado! In cart for future purchase. :cool:
Search eBay for the TLS recommended Cecil E. Watts Dust Bug. After I got one, I gave my other brushes away, including the one linked above.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
My son-inlaw bought me this..

1577813591415.png

and this finally arrived from England...

1577813658962.png

I now have all 4 of the Garage Punk Unknown volumes.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
It's the Hipster Starter Pack. Turn table, DCM/Boston speakers ... now he just needs a pack of rolling paper. :)

Search eBay for the TLS recommended Cecil E. Watts Dust Bug. After I got one, I gave my other brushes away, including the one linked above.
Fixed it for you. :p Yeah I want the Cecil for a long time. Bills gotta be paid first. Man can't wait to hook everything up tonight!!!

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Getting static sound after alignment. Hmmm I guess better check youtube. Unless someone had a similar problem. Edit. Nevermind headphone jack was not in right. Too tired to hook up speakers.

Last edited:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Hi Guys turntable only getting sound on the left side and faintly on the right. Checked cable and they are good. The cartridge is connected wired wise correctly. Any trouble shooting tips?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis