"Videogames can never be art."

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Seriously, is there an older argument that this?

Everything can be art. This argument is moot, and always will be.

I could argue that posting in an AV forum is an art form.

I could argue that making a hamburger is an art form.

I could argue that cleaning a window is an art form.

I could argue that making a speaker is an art form.

So Roger Ebert decides to stir the pot, big whoop.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I'm not surprised, Roger has nothing better to do.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
He's a tool. And a useless one at that. At least other tools like him provide amusement.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Roger Ebert will never get laid with that kind of attitude. He's too old, too old to understand. He's what, like 800 years old by now? Who even listens to him to pick a movie now anyways? I remember the show, and I remember when it changed to "Ebert, Ropert, and the Movies" or something like that. Neither of them knew what the hell they were watching anyway. They gave two thumbs down to a lot of good movies and said bad movies were awesome. He is a tool.

Speaking of arguing making a cheeseburger is an art form, it truly is, and I wish I could show you guys just how talented I am in the field.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Agreed. They are engineering not art. Engineering is the merger of Art and Science. So Video games are more than art.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Someone has too high of an opinion of himself. It is art if HE deems it art? Pompus assbag.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
My typing is a work of art...

I agree with y'all, except Mr. Ebert.

-pat

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
he needs to play okami. not the first time roger has chirped about this, i don't know what his problem is. maybe he sees VG as a direct competitor to movies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis