Video Quality is different when source is directly connected to TV vs AVR Pass through

A

anikenr

Enthusiast
Hi Folks,

I have just started my journey in HIFI. Was able to setup a modest system.
AVR - Yamaha RXV 483
TV- LG 4K 55 inch 55UJ632T

One issue i am facing with my AVR is that the Video quality suffers a bit when video signal is passed through the AVR vs direct connection to TV. I have turned off the 4K upscaling and yet the video seems to be a bit off.
Here are my observations;
1. Color saturation is off
2. At times alignment is off (picture is slightly cut on either left or right side of screen)
3. When i connect my PC/laptop via HDMI screen alignment is quiet off. mainly the task bar is out of viewing area. I have tried bumping up the resolution to 4K and even 1080P but just failed to achieve anything.
Finally i gave up on this and i connect all source directly to TV and run a ARC cable to the AVR.
Is this a common thing ? or am i doing something wrong here?

A

anikenr

Enthusiast
4K upscaling is off for sure. Not sure of any other are on board.

A

anikenr

Enthusiast
there isnt anything mentioned in the user manual in this regard.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Yammy owner here.

I'm assuming you have cable television. If so, go into the video settings menu and set the 'Video Mode' to 'Direct' and the 'Resolution' to 'Through'. That should eliminate any processing by the AVR.

A

anikenr

Enthusiast
Hey Ponzio,

No cable TV, I am using DTH connection via HDMI.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
Hey Ponzio,

No cable TV, I am using DTH connection via HDMI.
Shouldn't make a difference anyway. For now you want to disable the Yamaha AVR's processing, for testing purposes.

I prefer the picture quality of my cable provider thru the STB (set-top box). Your mileage may vary. Toggle between the settings until you get your own personal preference.

BTW, what does the DTH acronym stand for?

A

anikenr

Enthusiast
Shouldn't make a difference anyway. For now you want to disable the Yamaha AVR's processing, for testing purposes.

I prefer the picture quality of my cable provider thru the STB (set-top box). Your mileage may vary. Toggle between the settings until you get your own personal preference.

BTW, what does the DTH acronym stand for?
Will git it a try. I am from India and using Tata SKY DTH (dish).

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis