video interconnects

J

jaffa

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Salutations

I've just gone out and purchased a new tv to replace my B&amp;O. I Picked up a Toshiba 32ZP18P/Q. The specs can be seen at the end of this post

I was quite impressed by the picture quality on the tosh when it was fed a signal via DVD &amp; composite video interconnects. But as i know naught about av electronics etc... i have a few questions

1) Are composite interconnects better than scart / scart, or vice versa?
2) can you reccomend a set of interconnects or scart lead in in the £30-100 price range?

I have a tired &amp; poorly DVD player &amp; so am looking at replacing this in the next few weeks... any suggestions for a £150-250 DVD player 2... I've got a tosh' SD 520 eyeballed and the rough specs can be seen here

http://www.richersounds.com/index.php?f=itemdetl.php&amp;p=300339

Any help appreciated as these issues for me, are like rocket science with quantum physics sprinkled on top

cheers

Dimensions    544.0x750.0x540.0(H/W/D)cm        
   Picture grading    A    Picture rating A-E (A being the best)    
   Sound grading    A    Sound grading A-E (A being the best)    
   Connectivity grading    B    Connectivity grading A-E (A being the best)    
   TV/video stand/cabinet    Included    To house the television and a video or DVD player.    
   TV size    32inches    Size of the television    
   Visible screen    76cm    Screen sizes vary from 49 to 88cm, pure flat screens reduce distortion    
   Sound    Dolby digital 5.1    Digital surround sound using 6 channels of sound for the ultimate in home cinema audio reproduction: 2 Stereo front speakers, 2 stereo rear speakers plus a centre dialogue speaker and Sub Woofer.    
   Screen type    Pure flat    Screen sizes vary from 49 to 88cm, pure flat screens reduce distortion    
   Reception    Analogue        
   Picture quality    100 Hz scanning    Double the standard scan rate. Provides a high quality picture without screen flicker.    
   Headphone socket    Yes    Enables the use of personal headphones.    
   Audio and video inputs    Front    For easy connection of equipment such as camcorders or games consoles.    
   Scart sockets    3    For easy connection to other A/V equipment.    
   S-VHS socket    Yes    Enables a high quality connection to other S-VHS or high band equipment.    
   Power output (RMS)    63watts    A larger output results in greater volume.    
   Subwoofer power output (RMS)    13 Watts RMSwatts    For improved bass effect.    
   Fastext    No        
   Text memory (pages)    500    For later recall of text pages.    
   On screen display    Yes    For easy selection of features.    
   On screen menus    Yes    For easy selection of features.    
   Remote control    Yes    Enables you to operate your equipment from a remote handset    
   NTSC playback/ compatible    Yes    Allows NTSC signals to be played.    
   Child Lock    Yes    By using a pass-code, the set can be prevented from being used by unauthorised persons, such as children.    
   Auto set up    Yes    Auto set up    
   Other Features       16:9 widescreen format    Widescreen format for viewing films in the format originally intended by the director.  
         Surround speakers    For rear channel audio in a surround sound setup.  
         Digital Sound Processor (DSP)    Improved digital sound quality.  
         Front extension speakers    For improved stereo effect.  
         Dynamic Contrast    For improved picture contrast.  
         Digital Video Noise Reduction for clearer images    Reduces static noise, improving image quality.  
         Digital Comb Filter for sharper,crisper pictures    Eliminates cross-colour distortion.  
         Bass enhancement    For improved bass sound reproduction.  
         100 channels    Can be set to receive different programmes.  
         Sleep timer    Can be set to switch off automatically.</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis