Verastarr Speaker Cables and AT Cables

S

Stone

Enthusiast
I was doing a search on AudiogoN today and I found a set of cables from Alissa Tweaks that had a starting bid of $1.00. They look like really nice cables. Here's the specs on them:

Alissa Tweaks' Speaker Cables
We have decided to rollout a line of cables that will rock the audio community with performance. They are 99.999% Pure Silver Covered 99.999% Pure HCOFC. Cable geometry is 6-18 Ga conductors per run. Each of the 6 conductors is insulated using 100% virgin Teflon, and the conductors are arranged in a helical litz twist. The bundle is then shielded with a silver braid shield, and a second layer of Teflon is applied for the outer jacket material. Spades or bananas are DH Labs Silversonic brand, and are direct 24K gold plated for the utmost in durability. All connections have a double cold weld, and use no solder whatsoever for maximum siignal transfer. This construction makes the AT Cables Silver Speaker impervious to noise, and extremely open and neutral. This product is aimed at being the strongest value for your dollar currently offered in the marketplace. Cables for auction are white in color.
Here's a picture of the Alissa Tweaks Speaker Cables:
I did a little online research and found that these are cables made by the same guy who started Verastarr. Has anyone heard of or used the Verastarr speaker cables? Can anyone comment on the description above?

Attachments

S

Stone

Enthusiast
I'm actually in the process right now of making some cables based on the Speaker Cable Test by Mudcat, but, I just came across the ad on AudiogoN. I fugured, what the heck, for $1, I can't really go wrong! Otherwise, you're right, I wouldn't spend good money on snake oil cables.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Ah yeah. But, you never know. They might have some big capacitance issues like a lot of high-end cables. But whatever. If you COULD get them for a buck, why not? I totally agree with you.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis