Velodyne SMS-1 is finally here...!!

D

dropbear

Audioholic Intern
i have long been awaiting the release of this unit so that I can tack it to my system and my SVS PBplus2 and get a better integration of bass into my home theatre - easily..

product web link...
http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/product.aspx?ID=15&sid=168f903q

Brochure..
http://www.velodyne.com/velodyne/products/brochures/SMS-1 datasheet.pdf

I would really, really like to see AudioHolics do a review on this piece of hardware as earliest as possible as this, I believe, would be one of the more useful tools anyone could have in their audio systems. it also balance 3 subs !

Any questions...?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Av123 sells something similar for about $400. It can store 5 PEQ settings, but only has outputs for a single sub.

Looks like it will be a great upgrade to your high end SVS sub. Using this tool to determine the in-room frequency response of the sub would be great for determining the optimal sub location, then applying EQ to flatten the frequency response.

G

GregBe

Audioholic
Mine is on the way. I am really excited. I would love to hear your thoughts on how different the before and after sound.

Greg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
jcPanny said:
Av123 sells something similar for about $400. It can store 5 PEQ settings, but only has outputs for a single sub.
Yeah, but the R-DES has been out of stock for some time now. I was interested in that guy; seems like a good product. I've heard a BFD in action too, and it really does help. IMO, a BFD + cables is only around $200 or so.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
edwelly said:
What is a BFD?
Behringer Feedback Destroyer - parametric EQ that can be used to flatten your response curve; not designed for subs specifically as these other products are, but still works. It's pretty much all manual though - you need to do the response curve, apply correction factors, adjust the EQ manually, etc...

edwelly

edwelly

Full Audioholic
j_garcia said:
Behringer Feedback Destroyer - parametric EQ that can be used to flatten your response curve; not designed for subs specifically as these other products are, but still works. It's pretty much all manual though - you need to do the response curve, apply correction factors, adjust the EQ manually, etc...
Thank you - Parts Express have this on sale for $99.00 right now

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I saw that in the flyer a few weeks ago. I spoke with a guy who owns one earlier in the year and he said it could be found for that price or even a bit lower at pro-audio and music gear shops (since it's really designed for pro-audio, not home) locally and online.

P

perato

Audioholic Intern
Onecall is charging US$599 for the SMS-1. MSRP is US$700.

R

RMK!

perato said:
Onecall is charging US$599 for the SMS-1. MSRP is US$700.

That is correct and that is the delivered price. One Call is also an authorized dealer for the SMS-1 so you get the full warranty.

I had a Velo DD-18 and so I'm familiar with the user interface. I have one on order and am looking forward to seeing what I'm hearing on my Axiom EP-600. :)

G

GregBe

Audioholic
hidog1 said:
That is correct and that is the delivered price. One Call is also an authorized dealer for the SMS-1 so you get the full warranty.

I had a Velo DD-18 and so I'm familiar with the user interface. I have one on order and am looking forward to seeing what I'm hearing on my Axiom EP-600. :)
Hey hidog1,

Let us know once you get it hooked up. I have one on order from Onecall to go with my EP500. Mine didn't go out with the most recent shipment :mad: They are telling me they should get more in by Nov 25. I guess I can live vicariously through you until then.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis