Velocity Component Cables

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
Does anyone have experience with Velocity component cables? I was interested in their 1-1/2 ft. legnth. Are they well made?

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
TMASD2002
I already ordered Dayton cables. I wasn't getting any reply about the Velocity cables and I didn't want to order something without some opinion. I recently ordered another set of cables based on (low) price and ended up returning them. The shipping costs were killing me. Thank you anyway, I'll know for the future.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
xrayeyes said:
TMASD2002
I already ordered Dayton cables. I wasn't getting any reply about the Velocity cables and I didn't want to order something without some opinion. I recently ordered another set of cables based on (low) price and ended up returning them. The shipping costs were killing me. Thank you anyway, I'll know for the future.

What was wrong with the cable you sent back? Broken?
Price is not much of an indicator.

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
The cables I ordered were NXG Pro "Sapphire Series." These were even recommended in this site for the budget system. The price was right and I also do not believe price is much of an indicator. However, no one seemed to have an opinion on these in this forum. The construction is ok. The ends are gold and have a plastic collar that unscrews. Soldering joint are ok also. The characteristic that I didn't like were that the jacket was like shiny plastic vinyl and the cables were not very flexible, even though in the description they were billed as "super flexible." The excess cable did not drape down behind the rack very well. For the money, I like the RadioShack cables better, but they don't come in legnths less than 6'.

I need 1-1/2' foot legnths and there aren't alot of choices in this legnth for component cables. I hope I have better success with the Dayton cables I ordered. I haven't seen the Velocity cables and there were not any opinions here. Velocity is mentioned as a recommendation in the $5K system on this site. There are some sites where you can find these at steeply discounted prices. If you have any knowledge of the Velocity cables, I would like to know for the future.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
TMASD2002 said:
X-Ray I used to work for Impact Acoustics and I think you will be very satisfied with the Velocity grade cable.

I am an authorized reseller for them now and would be happy to get that cable to you.

http://www.avcablesource.com/RCAComponentVideoCable.html
Those are nice looking cables. Is there any difference than what Radio Shack offers? Does the triple shielding actually reduce interference? A lot of members here don't believe the hype about higher priced cables.

X

xrayeyes

Enthusiast
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Those are nice looking cables. Is there any difference than what Radio Shack offers? Does the triple shielding actually reduce interference? A lot of members here don't believe the hype about higher priced cables.
The Velocity cables are a budget cable, not a high priced cable.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

xrayeyes said:
The cables I ordered were NXG Pro "Sapphire Series." These were even recommended in this site for the budget system. The price was right and I also do not believe price is much of an indicator. However, no one seemed to have an opinion on these in this forum. The construction is ok. The ends are gold and have a plastic collar that unscrews. Soldering joint are ok also. The characteristic that I didn't like were that the jacket was like shiny plastic vinyl and the cables were not very flexible, even though in the description they were billed as "super flexible." The excess cable did not drape down behind the rack very well. For the money, I like the RadioShack cables better, but they don't come in legnths less than 6'.

I need 1-1/2' foot legnths and there aren't alot of choices in this legnth for component cables. I hope I have better success with the Dayton cables I ordered. I haven't seen the Velocity cables and there were not any opinions here. Velocity is mentioned as a recommendation in the $5K system on this site. There are some sites where you can find these at steeply discounted prices. If you have any knowledge of the Velocity cables, I would like to know for the future.
Nothing more than what is published. I would not be impressed in recommendations of cables for systems based on system price. That is really irrelevant an issue.
In your case, get the cables that is the length you want for the least cost, yet meets your aestetic needs too. I would not quibble over the plastic ends but then I don't play with cables once they are plugged in. It stays.
I play with other things :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Buckeyefan 1 said:
A lot of members here don't believe the hype about higher priced cables.
It is not based on a belief system ;)

T

TMASD2002

Enthusiast
Buckeyefan 1 said:
Triple Shielding does aid in overall signal quality and reduction of interference. I think one thing you will learn from here is there is a lot of "snakeoil" about cables out there. No manufacturer is changing the laws of physics when it comes to signal transmission across a wire.

Companies like Impact Acoustics and Bluejeans Cables strive to offer you a great quality cable at an affordable price.

As one of the members mentioned the Velocity grade cable is an introductory level cable that will provide you with a great signal and performace. As to the Radio Shack cable, depending on which level you are looking at the Velocity cable should meet or exceed for a better cost.

Hope that helps :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis