V2400 & DVD player with built-in decoder Question

J

jzac

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>This is for you pundits out there... help me with these nagging questions. &nbsp;

I have a RX-V2400 and a Toshiba DVD player with a built-in digital decoder. I have a 5.1 channel hookup and I have to keep using the 'MultiCH Input' on the V2400 to watch my flicks. When the MultiCH input is turned off I was hoping to use the V2400's decoder and features (CinemaDSP, etc) to hear the audio, but it does NOT. For DTS encoded flicks I have to turn off the MultiCH Input mode to hear it, but I don't seem to get any sound from the center speaker.
a) What am I doing wrong here? &nbsp;

b) Does it always have to be in MultiCH Input mode when I use a DVD player with a built-in decoder? I have tried changing the audio mode from Analog to bitstream/PCS on the DVD player setting, and it still didn't work when the MultiCH was turned off.
c) Why doesn't the center speaker come on in the DTS mode?

If anyone can throw more light on this I would appreciate it. It's a pain in the rear when you can't use this awesome receiver to the fullest. Help me guys!

Thanks.</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
<font color='#000000'>Hi
#1 do you have a Toslink or Coax Digital cable connected
between your Tosh DVD player and the receivers Digital input?
#2 Have you gone into the Toshiba's set up menu audio section  and selected Bitstream for the digital out?
Cheers RLA</font>

J

jzac

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>RLA,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, to both - Toslink is connected and I changed to Bitsream on the DVD setting and it still doesn't work! It's a bit wierd actually.

1. When playing in the DTS mode I cannot hear the center channel, and it works fine otherwise.
2. Can't I bypass the DVD decoder and use the V2400's decoder?

This is a case of 'what the heck is going on'! &nbsp;
Anything else to check?

Thanks!</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis