D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
It seems like Unreal Tournament III is not getting the attention that previous incarnations of UT got. I just picked this up for $29 at Gamestop and I can't see why, it's a ton of fun. I'm not very into the whole "vehicles" thing but other than that it's a worthy successor. Anyone else playing UT3?

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
Not to hijack your thread, but I completely agree with the low price.

I was a huge UT99 and UT2003/2004 fan, but I simply despise UT3. The worst in the series, imo.

But at the same time, I am as surprised as you are about the price. Many people liked the game, and it got good reviews.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Likely because most of the stores over bought and didn't sell as many as they wanted to, thus the low pricing now. It is on sale at most places for around $30 right now.

D

D.R. Payne

Audioholic
Not to hijack your thread, but I completely agree with the low price.

I was a huge UT99 and UT2003/2004 fan, but I simply despise UT3. The worst in the series, imo.

But at the same time, I am as surprised as you are about the price. Many people liked the game, and it got good reviews.
Why do you despise it? I'm even less thrilled with the Vehicles than I was when I wrote the 1st post, but it's still very fun in the more traditional game types.

Brian_the_King

Brian_the_King

Full Audioholic
Maybe 'despise' is being a little harsh, but I try and play the game and I can't help but feel that Epic ruined UT with this game. I'm just not a fan of the new levels, the graphics, the weapon tweaks, and as you say the vehicles went way downhill.

Also part of the problem, and this could well be my fault and not the game, but I kicked serious *** in UT99 and 2K4. I simply blow in UT3 though, I feel like something is wrong with my mouse when I play it.

I think that was my logic, lol but haven't tried the game in months now. This is what I remember not liking way back then:rolleyes:

unreal.freak

unreal.freak

Senior Audioholic
i got it for Christmas last year and played it maybe 4 times.....I liked 2k4 the best of all of them. I feel my movement is restricted in the new UT3. Ive only played it on my laptop though. I dont currently own a desktop machine ATM.

Peace,
Tommy

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis