Using the SHARC e-ARC HDMI 2.1 converter.

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
So a week ago after upgrading to an HDMI 2.1 tv I found myself with the conundrum of how to continue getting lossless native Atmos and DTS:X with an HDMI 2.0 limited AVR. I came across this device called the SHARC e-ARC converter from Thena Audio and for $188+$9 shipping I figured I would give it a shot before dishing out $2500+ for a new quality AVR. It arrived today, connecting it is as simple as connecting one labeled input “e-ARC HDMI 2.1 input from tv” and than second labeled “input to receiver” I turned on e-ARC and put it in the pass through mode and Atmos has been working flawlessly from both the Xbox Series X as well as my Apple TV 4K. No issues with lip sync or CEC hand shakes. It’s a neat little device that quite literally saved me thousands of dollars. I should also add that my Xbox Series X has no issues with VRR, 4K@120hz or any other HDMI 2.1 feature.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
So a week ago after upgrading to an HDMI 2.1 tv I found myself with the conundrum of how to continue getting lossless native Atmos and DTS:X with an HDMI 2.0 limited AVR. I came across this device called the SHARC e-ARC converter from Thena Audio and for $188+$9 shipping I figured I would give it a shot before dishing out $2500+ for a new quality AVR. It arrived today, connecting it is as simple as connecting one labeled input “e-ARC HDMI 2.1 input from tv” and than second labeled “input to receiver” I turned on e-ARC and put it in the pass through mode and Atmos has been working flawlessly from both the Xbox Series X as well as my Apple TV 4K. No issues with lip sync or CEC hand shakes. It’s a neat little device that quite literally saved me thousands of dollars. I should also add that my Xbox Series X has no issues with VRR, 4K@120hz or any other HDMI 2.1 feature.
This may be my way forward if I need eARC someday. $200 is a fair price. Cool. :)

Pandaman617

Pandaman617

Senior Audioholic
This may be my way forward if I need eARC someday. $200 is a fair price. Cool. :)
For sure man! When I first saw the thing I figured this is either a scam or it just doesn’t work. But I used it last night to watch a number of native Atmos discs and had absolutely zero issues. For anyone who gets it the one thing I messed up at first was plugging the receiver to SHARC cable into the ARC output on my Denon. It has to go into one of the inputs instead. Seems simple but for whatever reason I was under the impression it used the ARC input. That being said once I corrected my stupid mistake it was great! Also the CEC features all still work with my Series X or Apple TV being able to power on or off my AVR & TV and the volume control via e-ARC works perfectly as does the volume control on the Apple TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis