using klipsch rb-41 as a center channel ?

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
you guys a friend of mine let me have one klipsch rb-41 bookshelf speaker

since is not the pair i have no idea what to do with the speaker lol

i was thinking of using it as a center channel since i only have a pioneer SP‑C22 for my center

would the pioneer still be better or should i just not use it at all..

for left and right i have sony ss-b3000

for the rest of my surround sound i have definitive tech 800

for subs i have the klipsch r-110sw and a klipsch sw110

nothing fancy at all just my little man cave to watch movies etc.

i have a yamaha rx-710 aventage receiver btw

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Buy a pair of rb-41s and have a matched front stage. Though I am not sure I'd say it would be an improvement over the SC-22.

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
Buy a pair of rb-41s and have a matched front stage. Though I am not sure I'd say it would be an improvement over the SC-22.

thats what i was thinking it should be an improvement since is a better speaker overall

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
To be quite honest, regular bookshelf or floorstanding speakers are ideal for the center channel. The horizontally oriented MTM design of center channels provides awful horizontal off axis response.

The reason for using an MTM design is threefold. One, it can easily be placed flat and take up less space below a TV, two, horizontally oriented MTM designs have excellent vertical dispersion, many people end up placing the center channel above or below the TV, which is generally not at ear level, and three, a regular bookshelf laid sideways would have poor response everywhere but dead center. A vertically oriented bookshelf aimed at the MLP will give the best response and dispersion throughout the room, its just too inconvenient for most people.

Sent from my 5065N using Tapatalk

C

cesar ortiz

Audioholic Intern
To be quite honest, regular bookshelf or floorstanding speakers are ideal for the center channel. The horizontally oriented MTM design of center channels provides awful horizontal off axis response.

The reason for using an MTM design is threefold. One, it can easily be placed flat and take up less space below a TV, two, horizontally oriented MTM designs have excellent vertical dispersion, many people end up placing the center channel above or below the TV, which is generally not at ear level, and three, a regular bookshelf laid sideways would have poor response everywhere but dead center. A vertically oriented bookshelf aimed at the MLP will give the best response and dispersion throughout the room, its just too inconvenient for most people.

Sent from my 5065N using Tapatalk

thanks for the info

i have a projector and i have it right beneath my screen and i have it facing a little up so it can aim to your best seating position of the room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis