J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Hey All

I have an opportunity to purchase a bunch of used stuff and want some key items from the group, but don't need some of it and would likely sell. Here is the breakdown.....one advantage is local and I can pick it up.

I would be using the speakers for the front 3 channels on my HT and powering with my current onkyo 805.

I would use the Pioneer to be my reciever for my TV/Music system.

I would likely just use the HD DVD Player as a CD Player or sell it.

All subs would likely be sold and the DVD Vault.

1 Pair of PSB - T65 towers
1 PSB - C60 Center
1 PSB Subsonic 5i -
2 PSB Alpha Subzeres
1 Pioneer Elite VSX - 74 TXVI
1 Niveus Denali Ice Vault DVD
1 Toshiba HD DVD Player

I think I can get it all for $1800. I really only want the towers, center and receiver. I would likely sell off all 3 subs.

What do you guys think? I think it is a good deal.....just wondering if I am missing something.

Also - Does anybody know if the Pioneer has similar capabilities to control my custom sub as my Onkyo 805 does. Right now I use my 805 for the crossover, level control and use the individual frequency gains also to help the sealed 10s push out a little more low end frequency.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
My best guess on used values.

1 Pair of PSB - T65 towers. $500
1 PSB - C60 Center. $300
1 PSB Subsonic 5i - $300
2 PSB Alpha Subzeres. $100 each
1 Pioneer Elite VSX - 74 TXVI $300
1 Niveus Denali Ice Vault DVD...worthless
1 Toshiba HD DVD Player....worthless

This what I can piece together on used values....anything look out of balance.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Pioneer Elite VSX - 74 - $300 is about right - it does have very strong amp. No HD decoding and only 2 hdmi inputs - but other than that - it's still solid amp.

Imo PSB Subsonic 5i - it was 500 msrp then it was new, but now I would price it at $100 or less

based on this :
Home Theater & Sound Equipment Review -- PSB Image T65/C60/S50/SubSonic 6i Home-Theater Speaker System (3/2005) - all prices shown as MSRP - I'd cut them in half to get approx used item value.

So $500/pr on T65 sounds right, C60 should be $200-225

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Cool thanks for the opinion....sounds like I need to negotiate.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis