USB Driver for laptop output (DSD, FLAC etc)

WineOfTheVeins

WineOfTheVeins

Audioholic
Good day everyone,

I recently wiped my Toshiba laptop to Linux Mint and am using it as a DJ machine more or less when people are over and they have requests, also as an alternative to my CD collection when I want to hear a song or two. I also like comparing CD quality to other formats.
I plug the USB from my laptop into the DAC in my preamp, and can play Spotify no problem. I am curious if there is a driver that I should be installing on the laptop so it can better handle transporting the hi res sound to the preamp? I had just updated my Anthem with the latest firmware as it was 2 versions behind, but I was using my gf's Windows laptop. Maybe I should install that package on this laptop and it might give me the drivers I need? Currently it is a vanilla install of Linux and default drivers it came with. Of course if it's a Windows based app or driver I can make it work too, just wondering if it would make any difference having a proper driver for the laptop if I want to play DSD, 192/24 FLAC etc? Or, if it works right now, that's the best it's gonna be? Thanks.

*Solved. Downloaded XMOS USB Drivers and used Wine and some other magic to extract the driver on to my penguin-machine. Thanks.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis