Urgent help please - I'm gonna kill myself!

S

shangtsung101

Audiophyte
Right, here's the deal. The other day I bought a dynamic mic and preamp after years of recording with a measly PC mic (lol). I bought a Shure PG58 and Behringer Tube Ultragain Mic100. Yes, maybe poor choices but I dont want to spend alot, and I know that if i ever get it working i can get good results.

Anyway, I have setup everything, but everytime I record it's silence. I've tried EVERYTHING. I've messed with the windows volume levers, I've tried sticking the jack into the other mic hole, everything. PLEASE someobdy help me, what could possibly be the problem?

And PLEASE, nobody tell me how crap the behringer is or the pg58. I know this and I dont care to hear about it, as i stated, I'm on a budget and have to work with this. so someone help me and I'll be eternally grateful!

S

shangtsung101

Audiophyte
i suppose the only input is a 1/8 head. i am using a 1/4 to 1/4 from the preamp and i attach to it a 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor which goes into the pc. Ive tried the line in and Mic in slots and none work. help.

J

Jedi2016

Full Audioholic
Might want to check the settings in whatever program you're using to capture the sound. Whenever I capture something from a microphone into GoldWave, I have to go in and make sure it's set to read from the mic.. it has only one input at a time, and it's normally set to "stereo mix", so it'll record whatever's currently playing. I have to set it to record from the mic or else it simply won't work.

B

bpape

Audioholic Chief
If you're using an outboard mic preamp, I believe you should be using the LINE input of the sound card.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis