Upgrading my atmos height speakers options

J

James123

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,
I am currently looking at replacing my height speakers. Both front and rear
My front stage is monitor audio silver 300 and centre with Onkyo atmos speakers as front height
My surrounds are Fyne audio F301 and back speakers are a old pair of Jbl control 1

My idea was to replace the front heights with the following options
DALI spektor 1
Monitor Audio silver 50 (matches the front stage
Klipsch R41SA

For the rear I would like to replace the Jbl with either
Fyne F300 ( matching the current surrounds speakers)
Dali Spektor 1

What do you guys think as i can't seem to decide on a route

J

James123

Audioholic Intern
IMG-20200824-WA0039.jpg

Current set up. Placement was moved while cleaning

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This must be 7.1.2? I would choose Monitor Audio for the heights, surrounds and rear surrounds. Obviously they don’t HAVE to match but ime speakers from a matching line or manufacturer at least will be more seamless than speakers from different manufacturers.
Also, ime 5.1.4 is better than 7.1.2 and would consider switching from a 7ch bed to a 5ch bed. Any other pics? I would also move the current/new heights off the front wall and use a side height if you have a side wall, and can’t do a ceiling mount.

A

asabrag

Audiophyte
My idea was to replace the front heights with the following options
DALI spektor 1
Monitor Audio silver 50 (matches the front stage
Klipsch R41SA
I bought the RP41SA for Atmos Front Height/Rear Height.
I sold them after a month or so. The 4" driver are too small to place them on the ceiling Height, so I'd suggest to avoid the 4" if you are going tobplace them up in the wall.

I was going to replace them by the RP500SA but I couldnt find them in time, so I installed a couple of RS52II as Front Heights and a couple of RP250S as Rear Heights...

Finally I could get a pair of RP500SA that I am currently using very happily as surround backs. They behave as 8" instead of 5" drivers...

J

James123

Audioholic Intern
Thanks
I've decided to make it a 5.2.4 system and use my existing ceiling Monitor Audio c265fx for and buy another set of C265IDC as my atmos speakers
I'll have to relocate the existing ceiling speakers and remove the existing height speakers
Hope it works out as I'm not enjoying atmos at my place

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks
I've decided to make it a 5.2.4 system and use my existing ceiling Monitor Audio c265fx for and buy another set of C265IDC as my atmos speakers
I'll have to relocate the existing ceiling speakers and remove the existing height speakers
Hope it works out as I'm not enjoying atmos at my place
I hop this works too. Especially after taking considerable effort.
FWIW, I think you will find much better results. Come back and let us know.

J

James123

Audioholic Intern
Will do. Just hope there is no beams in the way

J

James123

Audioholic Intern
Hi all,
I have completed most of my changes
And the difference is huge. I'm so glad I went for the ceiling speakeres. 265idc ceiling speakers sounded much better than the 265fx that I changed them also and moved the 265fx to my bedroom
I'm really impressed with the sound quality
Now just waiting for my mini dsp for my subs

Thanks for the help

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis