Upgrading from Polk OMW3 to something that I can crossover at 80hz..worth it for Atmos? Considering Polk XT15 and Promonitor 1000

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Hi!
So, I have been considering getting a slightly beefier Atmos speaker that I can crossover at 80Hz.
I was thinking about the DT Promonitor 1000 and the Polk XT15.
If you have done this..was it worth it?
If so, is there any other you can recommend in that price? Ideally it will have a 1/4" 20 Threaded Insert mount which is actually one concern I have about the Polk XT15 as the polk website says it has a 1/4" 20 Threaded Insert but I havent seen a single photo showing that mount unless it is at the bottom.

Thanks

F

felipe

Audioholic
Hi gaby95. The Polk XT15 doesn't have a threaded insert...so it might not be the best choice. I was able to install a mount on my XT15s so I can use them as my front heights and do what you are planning on doing and crossed over at 80hz...it sounds great! So, if you're able to, install a mount...if not, I believe that the Polk ES10 might be another option that has a 1/4" 20 threaded insert that is a little more in cost. Hope this helps!

G

gaby95

Audioholic
Hi gaby95. The Polk XT15 doesn't have a threaded insert...so it might not be the best choice. I was able to install a mount on my XT15s so I can use them as my front heights and do what you are planning on doing and crossed over at 80hz...it sounds great! So, if you're able to, install a mount...if not, I believe that the Polk ES10 might be another option that has a 1/4" 20 threaded insert that is a little more in cost. Hope this helps!
Thank you very much!!!! :)

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Hi!
So, I have been considering getting a slightly beefier Atmos speaker that I can crossover at 80Hz.
I was thinking about the DT Promonitor 1000 and the Polk XT15.
If you have done this..was it worth it?
If so, is there any other you can recommend in that price? Ideally it will have a 1/4" 20 Threaded Insert mount which is actually one concern I have about the Polk XT15 as the polk website says it has a 1/4" 20 Threaded Insert but I havent seen a single photo showing that mount unless it is at the bottom.

Thanks
You may be able to find Polk's S10 or S15 at a discount. Check Amazon or Crutchfield. Don't have to spend a lot to get good sound. TV speakers are usually horrible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis