Upgrading and have center channel speaker question.

R

Randy E

Audiophyte
Hi. This will be my first post and probably will be a little long winded. I currently have an old Pioneer VSX-1014TX receiver with Infinity P363 fronts, P350 center, RS2 surrounds and RS1 rear speakers. I also use an eD 15" 500W sub. I am close to purchasing either a Yamaha RX-A870 or A1070 receiver. Yesterday I bought two Klipsch RP-140SA Atmos modules to place on my front towers(for 5.1.2).
My question.... I wear hearing aids and still have to crank volume to hear dialog very well. After I get my new receiver I think I may need to replace my center channel speaker. I know the fronts and center should match but can't really afford to replace the Infinity towers. I am leaning towards a Klipsch center but need opinions on what anyone might recommend for a close match with the Infinitys?? Who knows... maybe the new receiver will give me clearer dialog as well. I am in a large, 18'X25" room and sit about 15' from the TV. Thanks for any help.

Randy

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you maximized the position of the center first? How about moving your seat closer? Doubt the avr will make much difference (perhaps depending on the dsp/setup you employ). Couldn't tell you about any timbre matching between a Klipsch center and your Infinitys...but which Klipsch center are you considering?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Is the center in a cabinet? Far from the wall behind them? Angled up/down to the listener? Have you tried turning the Center's sound level up?

Things to consider before spending money...

Zildjianmeister

Zildjianmeister

Junior Audioholic
Randy E,

I would try what the others suggested first before making a new center purchase. Good advice there. Those Infinity speakers are pretty sensitive and that center should have no issue with volume level. I have the Infinity Primus 360's and the smaller center the C25.

Z

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis