R

Robin316us

Audiophyte
Hi ,
I am new to this forum. I would like to get suggestion on upgrading my system. I'm confused what to look at.
I currently own Def Tech BP8040 (Tower), Def Tech 8040(Center) , Def Tech 8040(Rear Surround) and Def Tech Pro Monitor 600 (Side Surround), BIC PL200 Sub, Onkyo TX Sr606, Epson 8350, 130"screen, and Sony BluRay Player.
I would like to know what's the next upgrade to go for? I'm looking for budget Receiver and Pre Amp. I was thinking to go for ATMOS if budget allows me.. If I'm buying, I would buy from Accessories4less.com.
So what's your option for upgrade? After I get some options, I can work out my budget based on that. Right now no specific budget planned.
TIA

Robin

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
My first inclination would be to upgrade that sub. How big is your room in cubic feet?

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

R

Robin316us

Audiophyte
My first inclination would be to upgrade that sub. How big is your room in cubic feet?

14x14. Actually I just bought the Sub few months ago...so far I'm happy with the Sub.. Ofcourse if I upgrade I would I go for the SVS Cylinder Sub...
receiver is quite old... I used it about 6 years without any issues ..even now it's still working without any problem. ..
I was thinking to add pre-out receiver with an external amp ..
Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Ultimately, if you get a new receiver, your system will probably sound exactly the same as it does now. There's not a lot of Atmos-enabled content, nor is there much DTS:X content. Those movies that do have these bleeding edge audio encodings will play as 5.1 or 7.1 until you add extra height channel speakers.

A more dramatic improvement can be achieved by upgrading your sub. Your BIC sub may have satisfactory output volume, but there's still room for improvement for its impulse response and sub-bass extension.

The SVS cylinder sub would be a worthwhile upgrade, although you can easily find a better price :: performance ratio. Ever since SVS started retailing in Best Buy Magnolia, their cost has gone up while their performance has remained static. Look into Rythmik Audio, Hsu Research, Outlaw Audio, Power Sound Audio, and Reaction Audio for the best values.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis