William C Jarrett

William C Jarrett

Enthusiast
I have a Yamaha RX-A1050 using the pre outs to a monolith 7x. Thinking about buying the Yamaha CX-A2500. Would this be worth the money for sound Improvement? I guess I have the bug again. SVS Ultra speakers all around.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Most of us will tend towards saying a processor won’t sound different than an AVR assuming both are good quality, which yours seem to fit that bill.
Depending on the age of the device (2015, I think for your AVR) and user requirements, updating to a newer device will give you some potential benefit in features and technology, but none of that will likely be audible.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Well what occurred to me is if you are changing to 5200 or A6A or A8A, so you can do Atmos and DTSX with more speakers, then that would be an upgrade. Such as 5.1.4 or 7.1.4.

The 1050 only can do 7 speakers.

Be aware the 5200 doesn’t support HDMI 2.1 if that matters to you.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
The upgrade bug is what it is, an ailment. Once you get it, depending on how severe the case, not much will make you feel well again other than buying something.

Having said that, will buying another Yamaha give you sound improvement? If your current unit is performing within specs, probably not. Good units should be transparent. Invisible. Your current unit is one that should fit that transparent idea. Getting another one, albeit a more capable one, shouldn't make a heck of a lot of difference, if any, to what you hear.

But what kind of AH brother would I be if I didn't help you scratch that upgrade itch? By all means, upgrade and buy to your hearts content. Why settle for a mere or modest bump? Why not really "upgrade" and go whole hog?
Its your money but I'm happy to cheer you on to something grand and expensive.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I have a Yamaha RX-A1050 using the pre outs to a monolith 7x. Thinking about buying the Yamaha CX-A2500. Would this be worth the money for sound Improvement? I guess I have the bug again. SVS Ultra speakers all around.
Yeah! I 2nd what @Bucknekked said! :D Upgrade! Than sell Me your A1050!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
CX A5200 I assume? Or is there a half-price pre-pro from Yamaha now? :)

If you don't expand your speaker system not sure what you would be changing...audio quality in both units would be good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis