Upgrade Oppo or Receiver

N

NYRich

Audiophyte
I currently have a Denon 4000 AVR connected to B&W CM8s the large center speaker and (4) CM5 surround speakers for movies and a Musical Fidelity A5 250w amp and a pair of Talon Khorus for stereo listening.

Both systems are currently connected to the same OPPO 103- the Denon via HDMI and the Musical Fidelity using the front left/right analog outputs. The DAC in the 103 is not very good and I tried using a 105 instead and the sound is worlds better.

My question is whether I am better off returning the 105 and upgrading my receiver to a Marantz 7010/Denon 6200 and using the DACs in the AVR. My perceived benefits of this would be to pick up better sound by the use of the Audyssey room correction, to perhaps replace the B&W CM8s for movies also by making all of the sound run thru the same speakers, and to get a better AVR in the process. (I do not NEED anything better for movies but Atmos might be something in the future)

Q. Will 2 channel stereo sound thru a Marantz 7010 using its 24bit DACs along with it's Audessey sound better/worse than using Oppo's 32 bit DAC and bypassing the AVR completely? How appreciable should I expect the difference to be?

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Have you tried connecting the Music Fedility to the Denon's Zone 2 Outs? You'll bypass the 103's DACs.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis