Upgrade from Sony css-5?

G

Gil_Pena

Enthusiast
How heavy Sony's for about 2 years now they kind of mean a lot to me and I can't say I don't like them but soon as I get loud they turn to absolute garbage. But instead of Base blockers or AKA low pass filters on them, they sound okay. They kind of remind me of loud 5x9 speakers from cars or something horrible like that but they've got character LOL. I'll keep them forever as a good memory as when I got back into hi-fi, but time to upgrade soon. May wait on the monoblocks but going to get the crown amplifier for the sub. And if I can afford a decent pair of used speakers, them too near the same time. What would you recommend you use for under 200 bucks or around 200

G

Gil_Pena

Enthusiast
Sorry for typos damn voice recognition, and laziness

G

Gil_Pena

Enthusiast
What is a good speaker under 300 used? I'm upgrading or looking to upgrade from the bad boy above. Rotel Ra-970 BX integrated amplifier with 60 watts per channel at 8 ohms

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What's available to you from your searches of sites selling used speakers for under $300....list some of those you've found.

ps or is it a single speaker?

G

Gil_Pena

Enthusiast
Lol 2 of them lolololol. Just wanted to show what happened to one of them

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
He's starting to remind me of a banned individual or two with various screen names.....
Sad that so many posts (from supposedly new posters) lately are usually this kind of cockamamie stuff !

G

Gil_Pena

Enthusiast
Oh really? How about my cat jumped off my leg and whiffed The landing because I was not expecting it, so my leg gave way and he came up short , putting his back claw caught the woofer. Geez...
I thought I might share some humor but nevermind , it's all about the numbers I suppose.
Well I will get back with you with some speaker names and numbers. Standby.

I mean the former President was almost assassinated last night. You think the world might be a little bit more humble ... grateful maybe. Geez

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You forgot the pic of your speaker View attachment 68377
Did Someone stab it with a tiny knife? :D
How heavy Sony's for about 2 years now they kind of mean a lot to me and I can't say I don't like them but soon as I get loud they turn to absolute garbage. But instead of Base blockers or AKA low pass filters on them, they sound okay. They kind of remind me of loud 5x9 speakers from cars or something horrible like that but they've got character LOL. I'll keep them forever as a good memory as when I got back into hi-fi, but time to upgrade soon. May wait on the monoblocks but going to get the crown amplifier for the sub. And if I can afford a decent pair of used speakers, them too near the same time. What would you recommend you use for under 200 bucks or around 200
What are you rambling about? Why would you buy mono blocks for cheap speakers?
what is your budget for upgrades?
Pictures of current speakers and equipment?

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic
These would do you at 200 for the pair, Dayton T65 towers.

1721005252321.png

S

stepphiesecret

Audiophyte
Oh really? How about my cat jumped off my leg and whiffed The landing because I was not expecting it, so my leg gave way and he came up short , putting his back claw caught the woofer. Geez...
I thought I might share some humor but nevermind , it's all about the numbers I suppose.

I mean the former President was almost assassinated last night. You think the world might be a little bit more humble ... grateful maybe. Geez
Wow, sounds like quite the day! Cat acrobatics and speaker mishaps aside, the world definitely needs a dose of humility and gratitude, especially with everything going on. Looking forward to those speaker names and numbers. Stay tuned!

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
When asking about used equipment you should always state what area you are in and also try and provide some sample listings for your area. Used gear varies greatly from state to state, assuming you are in the U.S. Post some listings on Craigslist / Ebay / FB Marketplace and members can give their opinion on whether it is a good deal or not. The Daytons Tankini posted may not be a bad idea. Look on the PartsExpress website and also on Monolith as they have some decent budget speakers.

Tankini

Tankini

Senior Audioholic

So, did you decide to get?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis