Universal Remote compatible with Sony VPL-HW40ES

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
My home theater configuration is : Sony VPL-HW40ES, Marantz SR 5010, Emotiva 7 channel , Sony blu ray player 5500 and a plex server holding my library. Is there an Universal remote that can talk to all my devices ?
My projector is mounted to the ceiling and my other av gear resides in a rack.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
How much do you want to spend? Do you ip control, RF control, or IR control? All of which is available to you

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
I prefer IP control that has an ios or andriod app . I wont be changing any settings on the projector. I use it just to start and stop

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I prefer IP control that has an ios or andriod app . I wont be changing any settings on the projector. I use it just to start and stop
How much do you want to spend? Are you going to do the programing or pay to have it done.

Alvin Cole

Alvin Cole

Enthusiast
Harmony 650 or Hub Both on eBay pretty cheap. Is all the equipment in the same room?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

surajkandukuri

Enthusiast
@Alvin,
If i go for the hub . Do i need to buy ir blaster for all my devices ?

C

cpd

Full Audioholic
What hub are we talking about here? I could be wrong but I was not aware that the 650 worked with the Harmony Hub. According to their website (link below) it does not. If it does, that hub has a built in IR blaster and jacks on the back for more smaller wired blasters (which I assume come with the hub when purchased).

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-add-on

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis