Uncharted 2 'didn't redefine action games'

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Uncharted 2 'didn't redefine action games'
Wednesday 7-Apr-2010 3:59 PM

PS3 exclusivity held title back, says Castlevania producer

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow producer Dave Cox has said that while Uncharted 2 was "highly polished" it didn't "redefine" the action game genre - largely because it was only released on one platform.

Speaking in the April issue of PSM3, Cox said, "Visually Uncharted 2 is beautiful and it impresses me technically. But does Uncharted 2 redefine 3rd person action games? I don't think that it does."

While Cox enjoyed many aspects of the game, he felt that Uncharted 2's exclusivity to PlayStation means that it cannot be given such a big accolade, "Uncharted 2 is a great game and I enjoyed it immensely. The standouts are the story and the voice acting," he said.

"[But] Uncharted was a single format release. If any game is going to set a benchmark for a genre it would need to do so across multiple platforms."

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows was unveiled by Konami at E3 last year with Kojima Productions working on the game with developer Mecury Steam.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow producer Dave Cox has said that while Uncharted 2 was "highly polished" it didn't "redefine" the action game genre - largely because it was only released on one platform.

Speaking in the April issue of PSM3, Cox said, "Visually Uncharted 2 is beautiful and it impresses me technically. But does Uncharted 2 redefine 3rd person action games? I don't think that it does."

While Cox enjoyed many aspects of the game, he felt that Uncharted 2's exclusivity to PlayStation means that it cannot be given such a big accolade, "Uncharted 2 is a great game and I enjoyed it immensely. The standouts are the story and the voice acting," he said.

"[But] Uncharted was a single format release. If any game is going to set a benchmark for a genre it would need to do so across multiple platforms."

Castlevania: Lords of Shadows was unveiled by Konami at E3 last year with Kojima Productions working on the game with developer Mecury Steam.

Source: CVG

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
You accidentally posted the same thing twice in the same post.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I just saw that:eek: , I wish I could go back and fix it. Well at least I know the info is in there.:D Maybe a Mod could help me out here.

Gaigebacca

Gaigebacca

Audioholic
I call bunk and BS on this... so basically he is saying that since the game is exclusive to one platform.. that it doesn't make an impact in the entire videogame industry? So the motion control in the Wii hasn't changed the industry in opening more up to casual games/gamers? Halo didn't help revolutionize online multiplay/fps for consoles as a whole? What a load of crock and self indulgent BS. Dear sir, your arrogance just cost you a possible game purchase... Uncharted rules btw... lol

F

Fenix

Audioholic
I wish Castlevania games were cross platform. The last one I played was curse of darkness, and I don't think I'll ever be able to play it again unless MS updates their virtual console to include it.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
BEst Castlevania ever was Symphony of the Night, second best was the one on N64 where you played a werewolf. SOTN is availableo n Xboxlive and PSN I believe, the 2nd you'll ahve to bust out your n64 for.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Uncharted 2 didn't redefine anything, but that doesn't mean it isn't an excellent game. I didn't expect it to, even if they are doing some things that others are not.

The new Castlevania doesn't look anything like the previous games, though they said it will tie in for sure.

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
Uncharted 2 didn't redefine action games, because I redefine action games. :cool:

They are now defined as:

A game in which Dave plays the game so well that the company who made it comes to his house and pays him a large sum of $30,000 for every hour he put into it then use more money to put him playing the games into a movie, hence where the "action!" comes from.

TheJuggernaut

TheJuggernaut

Audiophyte
Prediction: the new Castlevania comes nowhere near Uncharted 2's sales, multiplatform or not. Am I crazy?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis