Uncharted 2: Best looking game ever?

S

sllik

Audiophyte
I'm playing Uncharted 2 now and the graphics are just amazing! Has anyone seen a better looking game?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Not sure I would go that far, but it does look very good. Heavy Rain is probably the best looking one I've seen, at least in terms of characters.

S

sllik

Audiophyte
You can't really judge by screenshots... or you got your hands on an early copy?

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Uncharted 2 and Mass Effect 2 would get my vote for "best looking console game". When it comes to the actual game overall, I would give the nod to Mass Effect 2.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
I have to agree here that Heavy Rain is the best looking game to date if you get the chance to download the demo give it a go, look at the characters you can see imperfections in their complexion like you would see in real life.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The environments in Uncharted are awesome though. Just like the first one, right up there with the best looking ones.

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
I agree Heavy Rain is truly pushing the PS3 capablities, millions of polygons the demo is a must download. I think everyone should just try this game once. I can't wait till tuesday!:D

C

CypherMax

Junior Audioholic
Oh and I also own Uncharted 2 and it is beautiful...different games have their graphical strengths though. Some its colors and environments others its excellent motion capture, shadow detail, facial accuracies etc. I really think we are going to finally see what the PS3 is fully capable of this year...GOD of WAR III, GT5, Heavy Rain etc.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
All I can say is that Sony should know how to get the most out of the PS3, otherwise they will disappoint alot of gamers especially when it come to GT5 4yrs and counting.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I have to say that Crysis is still the best looking game. It is a showcase for developers pushing the edge (and that is not consoles).

The cutscenes are real time not pre rendered. The audio is a bit off in these vids.

And what other game has awesome physics like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Found a couple more.

Water:

More cool physics:

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
I vote for uncharted 2 over crysis.

I'm getting sick of all these little texture tricks like bump mapping and such. Uncharted 2 goes beyond these tricks and renders everything with 3d geometry.

There isn't a game yet that can touch the poly count in uncharted 2.

Also, lol at the above song in one of the videos. Calvin Harris - Flashback (Goldie Remix)

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
I was messing around in Crysis the other day recording with FRAPS. I put together a video of a few custom maps I downloaded from CryMod that are really just nothing but eye candy. If nothing else it was to see how 1080p on Youtube worked. The problem is that PowerDirector (editing program) seems to choke on 1080p and when I render the video it blacks out in several places. :confused: This was the best render I got. The first few were 90% black.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
I'm with waffles. The texturing and low polygons in Crysis are not match for the far more advanced detail rendering in Uncharted 2.

-Chris

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
Low polygon count? I don't see that. The reason Crysis rips most graphics cards to pieces is because of its high polygon count. The games look pretty similar as far as detail rendering.

I don't own a PS3 and haven'tseen Uncharted 2 in person but comparing videos of the two games side by side, Uncharted 2 looks really good but has a "plastic" look in my opinion. Maybe that's Youtube. Crysis has a natural look without the CG plastic texture and the movement of people in Crysis looks more natural. Just my opinion.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Low polygon count? I don't see that. The reason Crysis rips most graphics cards to pieces is because of its high polygon count. The games look pretty similar as far as detail rendering.

I don't own a PS3 and haven'tseen Uncharted 2 in person but comparing videos of the two games side by side, Uncharted 2 looks really good but has a "plastic" look in my opinion. Maybe that's Youtube. Crysis has a natural look without the CG plastic texture and the movement of people in Crysis looks more natural. Just my opinion.

I have looked at the full HD vidoes that people specifically TELL ME ARE THE BEST EXAMPLES of Crysis, and the very limited environment rendering is very obvious after having Uncharted 2.

Waffles has inspected the cases even further than me at this point, and is even more qualified to talk of this issue.

Plastic? Uncharted is supposed to be like an illustrated magazine or such for an artistic impression look, so of course it uses more vivid and 'pop' like appearance.

-Chris

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis