A

Anglofun

Audiophyte
Afternoon Gents!

Being new to this forum, I hope this wasn't a topic that has been beaten to death. I have done a search to see if there was another thread without success.

I was wondering, I know the yamaha has a " correction" to compensate for the microphone that comes with the yamaha. Has anyone tried a non adjusted UMIK1 plugged to the receiver instead of the one that comes with it for a better and more precise reading?

Thanks for input

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Afternoon Gents!

Being new to this forum, I hope this wasn't a topic that has been beaten to death. I have done a search to see if there was another thread without success.

I was wondering, I know the yamaha has a " correction" to compensate for the microphone that comes with the yamaha. Has anyone tried a non adjusted UMIK1 plugged to the receiver instead of the one that comes with it for a better and more precise reading?

Thanks for input
Those receivers are calibrated for the awful mics they come with them. So, if you use UMIK1 it won't work. In addition the UMIK1 is a phantom powered mic from a USB port, those receiver mics are not. So it would not work anyway.

A

Anglofun

Audiophyte
Those receivers are calibrated for the awful mics they come with them. So, if you use UMIK1 it won't work. In addition the UMIK1 is a phantom powered mic from a USB port, those receiver mics are not. So it would not work anyway.
Morning!

Thanks for the reply. Makes perfect sense.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis