Ukraine – Russia … not more of the last thread

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Four Leopard 2A4s are on their way to Ukraine from Canada.

It's amazing that something that heavy can be carried by an airplane. It's even more amazing that a C-5 can carry 2 M1 Abrams tanks:

>>>The newest C-5M Super Galaxy has the capability to lift two M1 Abrams tanks and can transport nearly a company of troops and gear anywhere in the world with aerial refueling.<<<

The first time I saw a C5 take off it seemed to defy the laws of physics.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
This audio is purportedly of the F-22 pilot callsign FRANK01 confirming that the Chinese spy balloon was completely destroyed.

The callsign may have some historical significance:

Here's the tracking info. It looks like there were two F-22s, FRANK01 and FRANK02

The audio commentary in this home video of the shootdown beats the [bleep!] out of anything I've seen in the mainstream media:

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Now that the Chinese spy balloon has been popped, the US Air Force has some serious things to consider. Can the pilot who fired the missile claim it as an air-to-air kill? And what should the USAF paint on the side of the aircraft?

I have a few modest suggestions. I think my favorite would be the balloon with the 'Oh No' face, combined with a needle about to poke it.
1675707346570.png

1675707485616.png

1675707541657.png

Last edited:
Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
The first time I saw a C5 take off it seemed to defy the laws of physics.
Did you ever see one land with heavy crosswinds? As it's approaching, watch how the wheels line up with the runway, but the nose & wings point a different direction, into the wind. It flies sideways, like a crab walks.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
That's just bizzare. He's insulting the intelligence of his own followers.

>>>Elon Musk has been branded an “agent of misinformation” for amplifying an article on Twitter that falsely claimed Nato troops were dying by the thousands in Ukraine. . . . The post from the @RuNews Twitter account, which linked to a little-known Turkish language news site, was quickly debunked. Nato member countries including the US and Britain have supplied weapons, money and logistical support, but have decided against sending in troops.<<<

The Kremlin has had difficulty explaining to Russians why the Ukrainians are fighting if Ukraine is really just part of Russia as Putin claims. The "we're fighting NATO" propaganda line by Russia is a weak attempt to obscure the raw Russian aggression directed against the vast majority of the Ukrainian people.

As I see it, this Russian propaganda is primarily directed to an internal audience made up of Russians who are probably open to fairy tales in order to alleviate cognitive dissonance, and who also lack ready access to accurate reporting.

Repeating this B.S. to westerners who know better makes Musk look like a gullible twit, a Kremlin propaganda tool, or both.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Did you ever see one land with heavy crosswinds? As it's approaching, watch how the wheels line up with the runway, but the nose & wings point a different direction, into the wind. It flies sideways, like a crab walks.
Interesting. I don't think I've ever seen one land in a crosswind like that. Landing one loaded up with presidential vehicles under those conditions strikes me as being a stress-inducing event for the pilot.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure what's going on with Roger Waters these days.

Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

>>>"The invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation was illegal. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms," he said via video link.
"Also, the Russian invasion of Ukraine was not unprovoked, so I also condemn the provocateurs in the strongest possible terms." . . .

Rather than representing the view of Russia, the musician said he was speaking on behalf of "four billion or so brothers and sisters" - the majority of Earth's population.<<<

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure what's going on with Roger Waters these days.

Hello? Is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

>>>"The invasion of Ukraine by the Russian Federation was illegal. I condemn it in the strongest possible terms," he said via video link.
"Also, the Russian invasion of Ukraine was not unprovoked, so I also condemn the provocateurs in the strongest possible terms." . . .

Rather than representing the view of Russia, the musician said he was speaking on behalf of "four billion or so brothers and sisters" - the majority of Earth's population.<<<

As much as I love Pink Floyd's music, I have no time for Waters. His massive ego and narcissism gradually turned PF into a Waters pity party.

His social activism might have been admirable, if it hadn't lead to him straying into "Tankie" territory and playing footsie with antisemitism.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
As much as I love Pink Floyd's music, I have no time for Waters. His massive ego and narcissism gradually turned PF into a Waters pity party.

His social activism might have been admirable, if it hadn't lead to him straying into "Tankie" territory and playing footsie with antisemitism.
Yet another case of "Love the art, ignore the artist", but he's been like this a LONG time.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan

>>>SpaceX has limited Ukraine's ability to use its satellite internet service for military purposes - after reports that Kyiv has used it to control drones.

Early in the war, Ukraine was given thousands of SpaceX Starlink dishes - which connect to satellites and help people stay connected to the internet.

But it is also said to have used the tech to target Russian positions - breaking policies set out by SpaceX.
A Ukrainian official said companies had to choose which "side" they were on.
They could join Ukraine and "the right to freedom", or pick Russia and "its 'right' to kill and seize territories", tweeted presidential adviser Mykhailo Podolyak.

At an event in Washington DC on Wednesday, SpaceX president Gwynne Shotwell explained that Starlink technology was "never meant to be weaponised".

She made reference to Ukraine's alleged use of Starlink to control drones, and stressed that the equipment had been provided for humanitarian use.
Unmanned aircraft have played an important role in the war, having been used by Kyiv to search out Russian troops, drop bombs and counter Moscow's own drone attacks.

Russia has been accused of attempting to jam Starlink signals by SpaceX founder Elon Musk.<<<

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
The Secretary-General of NATO, Stoltenberg, is stepping down come October. He has done is us a great service during his years as Secretary-General. Both during the Trump Presidency and the brutal invasion of Ukraine by Russia. It remains to see if Sweden and Finland becomes members of NATO due to Turkey and Hungary, but can’t put such a failure on him.

>>>NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg will end his term as planned in October, a spokesperson for the alliance said, after a newspaper reported a further extension was in the works.

"The mandate of Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has been extended three times, and he has served for a total of almost nine years," NATO spokesperson Oana Lungescu said late on Saturday.

"The Secretary-General's term comes to an end in October of this year and he has no intention to seek another extension of his mandate."

Earlier, Welt am Sonntag reported Stoltenberg's term was to be extended again as the alliance sought to maintain stability during the war in Ukraine.

Stoltenberg, an economist by training and a former leader of Norway's Labour Party, had his NATO term extended last year.

He was prime minister of Norway from 2000-01 and 2005-13 before becoming NATO chief the following year. He has also been finance minister and energy minister.<<<

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I've seen many clips from this program on Twitter. Each one is as ludicrous as the previous one and, presumably, as ludicrous as the next one.

Do these clowns actually believe the nonsense they are spouting?
Do Russians actually watch this nonsense and, if so, do they believe it?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Do these clowns actually believe the nonsense they are spouting?
Do Russians actually watch this nonsense and, if so, do they believe it?
As to people believing nonsense, have you ever heard of MAGA Republicans? :)

They, in contrast to Russians, lives in a democracy having a free press and rule of law, but still believes proven nonsense and lies. At least the Russians have an excuse.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis