Ughhh! 2105 Denon AVR,,, Won't turn on!

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hello,
Reciever's short circuit switch keeps cutting the reciever off, All I was doing was trying to get my outside speakers to work on the b side which didn't work, so I tried zone 2 and that didn't work either, volume was turned down and checked speaker connections but the avr keeps shuttin off, sounds like a trip to the service dept UGHHHH! Any suggestions ?
digthis

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Disconnect all of your speakers then turn the receiver on. If it still does it, then bring it into service. If not, that you have a short somewhere.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
For what it's worth...

... it's generally good practice that when kerfutzing with connections, particularly speaker connections, that you turn off the receiver. Not just turn it down. It's cheap insurance.

...good luck...

D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hello,
Yep, I unhooked all speaker wires and it still short circuits, Thanks Gene and Markw for the info, also I hope kerfutzing with this thing don't void the warranty, I was just tryin to hook-up some outside speakers.

Digthis :confused:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Two more things:
1) If you have a volt meter, check the AC Line voltage and make sure its greater than 108Vrms but less than 132Vrms.
2) Disconnect all cables from the receiver, except the power cord and try again.

D

digthis

Enthusiast
I unhooked everything and it's still short circuiting, so I guess I'll be making a trip to the service dept! Di :confused: gthis

D

digthis

Enthusiast
denon 2105 agghhh!!!!

Hello,

Denon 2105 back from shop! All good till 2 or 3 wks later,NOW it's doing the same thing turn on- shut off I was playing a cd and turned it up to -o- and it played for 30 seconds or so then shut down! So now I'm wondering if it wasn't a bad wire from outside speakers and just the receiver acting up, I'm going to bring out the old sony reciever and see if those outside speakers work or not , If they do work the reciever is not working properly, all my speakers{ klipsch 50 watts and above} are compatible with the power of 2105 so I don't get it? Thanks: Digthis

Last edited:
D

digthis

Enthusiast
Hello,
What else could this reciever be doing this for besides wattage or ohms, haven't checked the ac line voltage at the outlet yet, but mine should be normal! digthis

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis