mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Does anyone else experience typing issues in a response to a post?
Not sure how long this has been happening but now it is problematic.
Every time I try to type, it seems I have to hit a key sometimes three times before it shows, space bar is not very responsive, etc.

Interestingly as I typed here it is not happening and certainly nowhere else on he internet. Or, maybe this page is catching the bug too?

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Got a wired keyboard or wireless? How many search fields / add-on toolbars do you have at the top of the web browser window? Does the problem occur in every web browser? (For example, if you're using Internet Exploder, try Firefox or Google Chrome.) If improvement in different browser or if you have more than one search box up near the address field of your browser window, go through your installed applications (Start menu --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features) and uninstall anything that sounds toolbar-y or spammy, or any security software you didn't intentionally install.

If none of that helps, consider downloading and installing Malwarebytes and let it scan and remove any threats it finds. During install, be sure to opt out of the free trial of the full version unless you're interested in buying the full version for its added features.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Got a wired keyboard or wireless? How many search fields / add-on toolbars do you have at the top of the web browser window? Does the problem occur in every web browser? (For example, if you're using Internet Exploder, try Firefox or Google Chrome.) If improvement in different browser or if you have more than one search box up near the address field of your browser window, go through your installed applications (Start menu --> Control Panel --> Programs and Features) and uninstall anything that sounds toolbar-y or spammy, or any security software you didn't intentionally install.

If none of that helps, consider downloading and installing Malwarebytes and let it scan and remove any threats it finds. During install, be sure to opt out of the free trial of the full version unless you're interested in buying the full version for its added features.

Thanks for your response.
Wireless keyboard, solar. I think I have two add ons.
This message is through IE11. This also happens with Chrome but only on AH, nowhere else. If I have malware why not all the time on other websites where I type?
I will check on your other suggestions.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for your response.
Wireless keyboard, solar. I think I have two add ons.
This message is through IE11. This also happens with Chrome but only on AH, nowhere else. If I have malware why not all the time on other websites where I type?
I will check on your other suggestions.
I'd bet it's most likely a temporary / intermittent communication problem between the keyboard and its receiver. As for why it only happens on the Audioholics website, I'm guessing coincidence. (I infer from your almost 15,000 post count that you're here for a fairly high percentage of your time between the chair and keyboard.) Or it could be that both IE and Chrome are polling Facebook / Twitter / some other 3rd party library which AH incorporates, and they're blocking until said latent library has fully loaded. But my first recommendation is, if you can change the channel on your keyboard, try that. If not, try relocating your receiver so it has line of sight with your keyboard. Also, if your keyboard has a charge indicator, make sure it's reading greater than low. Any of this help?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'd bet it's most likely a temporary / intermittent communication problem between the keyboard and its receiver. As for why it only happens on the Audioholics website, I'm guessing coincidence. (I infer from your almost 15,000 post count that you're here for a fairly high percentage of your time between the chair and keyboard.) Or it could be that both IE and Chrome are polling Facebook / Twitter / some other 3rd party library which AH incorporates, and they're blocking until said latent library has fully loaded. But my first recommendation is, if you can change the channel on your keyboard, try that. If not, try relocating your receiver so it has line of sight with your keyboard. Also, if your keyboard has a charge indicator, make sure it's reading greater than low. Any of this help?
I thought of some of these recommendations. At one point I turned on a small lamp over the keyboard and seemed to be ok for a while but resumed its behavior.
The charge indicator shows fully charged. I will see of there is a channel switch but doubt it.
This message is from my laptop and has zero problems.
So, it has to be the keyboard but so far I haven't noticed the problem on other websites and do spend time away from AH ;)
I am also noting that the emotion symbols works from the posted list but not from my main computer with the typing problems and need to use the keys for it.
Maybe that is an indicator of something?
Very strange. Thanks.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Re: emoticon symbols, does that occur in ie only or chrome as well? If ie only, try toggling compatibility view. While ie is focused, hit alt+t on your keyboard and go to compatibility view settings. Try adding forums.audioholics.com to the list of compatibility view sites, or remove it if it's already there.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Re: emoticon symbols, does that occur in ie only or chrome as well? If ie only, try toggling compatibility view. While ie is focused, hit alt+t on your keyboard and go to compatibility view settings. Try adding forums.audioholics.com to the list of compatibility view sites, or remove it if it's already there.

Again, thanks. Looks like the emotion suggestions worked for chrome.
I also moved the keyboard antenna with an usb extension cable right next to the keyboard from the back side and both seems to have solved all my issues.
Sill puzzles me why both events started a few month ago as nothing changed. Great help:D

majorloser

majorloser

I have issues once in awhile. Never have a problem when using Tapatalk, only with the forum website. To be honest, I hate this new forum software. The older one was way easier to navigate and even more so for mods/admins.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I have issues once in awhile. Never have a problem when using Tapatalk, only with the forum website. To be honest, I hate this new forum software. The older one was way easier to navigate and even more so for mods/admins.
You may hate our new new forum software even more. I am looking at moving us to Xenforo this time around ;)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I have had issues with very slow typing recently too. It probably has something to do with auto spell-check examining the text on every key press. I can type about 80 words per minute but with the slow response it was more like 80 words per hour. Seriously frustrating...but I haven't spent any time trying to diagnose the problem because I haven't really been replying much lately.

There is a spinning progress indicator in the title bar at all times.

I successfully typed the first paragraph at normal speed in a few seconds, but the problem started up again on the second sentence and this one and it took me several minutes to complete this sentence!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis