Type of products you would like more reviews of ?

Type of products you would like more reviews of ? -

• Receivers

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Preamps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Preamp/Processors

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Amplifiers

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Loudspeakers

Votes: 15 45.5%
  • DVD/CD Players

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Displays/Projectors

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Other (post below)

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>We would like your inputs regarding what type of products you would like to see more reviews of in 2004. &nbsp;Thank you.</font>

2x6spds

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I'd like to see a review of the ATI 3000 series amplifier, cinenova amp, i.e., high power multichannel units with street prices of $3,000 or under.

Thanx</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I'd like to see a review of the Paradigm Studio 100 V.3's!</font>

P

PaulF

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I would like to see some Linn products tested, perhaps the 5125 5 channel class V amplifier. They also have some interesting integrated products such as the Classik Movie DI System integrated DVD/CD/Tuner/Preamp/Processor/Power amp.

On the other end of the spectrum they have products like the
Unidisk 1.1 universal player and Kisto 7.1 channel preamp/processor. These are out of the price range of most mortals but it would be interesting to see if these products prove to provide truly benchmark performance.</font>

H

hlesser

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>A review of the Rotel A-V receivers &amp; multichannel power amps would be nice.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I'd like to see Universal DVD players.. &nbsp;New Marantz DV6400, and Denon 220</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>Thanks to all of you for quickly responding. &nbsp;However, please make sure you cast your vote. &nbsp;We plan on submitting this poll to vendors as an incentive to acquire more products for review. &nbsp;Tell a friend....</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<font color='#0000FF'>More wide speaker reviews from the likes of Magnepan, Canton, Yamaha, SONY's $15K speakers etc.

Since one of the most ignored facet of HT and audio in general is properly matched speakers, this is one of the most needed items in audio.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>I listened to a set of Canton's on a Rotel amp a few months ago - yuk. &nbsp;
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>How about more panel type speakers. Magnepan, Eminent Technology, Martin Logan or Monsoon. How about Quad's? Although they are rather pricey. Monsoons have the spacious open sound panels are noted for. With their cone type woofers their placement is not so critical concerning distance from speaker to front wall, plus they are very reasonably priced. The same applies to Martin Logans although they are not as reasonably priced as Monsoons. They are electrostatic hybrids
</font>

Yamahaluver

Yamahaluver

Audioholic General
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Eric : <font color='#000000'>I listened to a set of Canton's on a Rotel amp a few months ago - yuk.  
</font>
<font color='#0000FF'>I can assure you that the problem here was not the Canton speakers as they are among the best but maybe the Rotel amp although from my past experience Rotels are quite neutral. Did you try the Ergo series? Cantons sound pretty close to Yamaha so it may not be to everyone's taste. I own a pair of Ergo-120 and rate them to be among the best.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I'd like to hear how the 1394 interface between components is being used by manufacturers to replace current RCA interconnects.</font>

C

ctransj

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>New sony ES receivers STA-DA3000ES/5000ES/9000ES
Thanks.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>How about some Rockets or Ref series speakers from the guys over at AV123?</font>

R

RTPBob

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I'd like to see you find and review &quot;bargain&quot; items. &nbsp;That doesn't mean that they are necessarily the cheapest items out there just ones that appear to be high value for my money. &nbsp;Some items might be; Magnepan HT, Sonance 5150 Amp., Outlaw products, nOrh products, etc. &nbsp;While the proces might be good, I don't really have a feel for how good some of these units are for the $$ they are asking. &nbsp;

I'd also like to see some unusual products that might be of interest like SRT's (Sound Related Technologies) Hydrosonic subwoofer. &nbsp;Once I buy a set of components a fair amount of time will go by before I buy another set. &nbsp;Reviews of unusual products keep my interest.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I would like to see the review of the Parasound C 1 controller and the Parasound A 51 amplifier.</font>

E

Eric

Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
Yamahaluver : <font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (Eric @ Sep. 27 2003,01:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I listened to a set of Canton's on a Rotel amp a few months ago - yuk.  
I can assure you that the problem here was not the Canton speakers as they are among the best but maybe the Rotel amp although from my past experience Rotels are quite neutral. Did you try the Ergo series? Cantons sound pretty close to Yamaha so it may not be to everyone's taste. I own a pair of Ergo-120 and rate them to be among the best.</font></td></tr></table>
<font color='#000000'>I think these guys were the small Karats. They defiantly were not Ergos. Both I and another fellow thought that the tweeters were damaged. The high end was missing any crispness they sounded very muffled. We compared them to a set of Studio 100 V2’s (on the same Rotel amp). There was another speaker as well; can’t remember the name. It was a very ugly bookshelf with a non-removable metal grille. Those speakers sounded outstanding - I wanna say spike or snipe something like that ($4,000.00 / pr)</font>

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

<font color='#000000'>I'd love to see a review of the new Spectron Musician multichannel digital amp. &nbsp;It pushes 500 W x 5 channels (!) which might make it the most powerful home amp in the world. &nbsp;I'm anxious to learn how it sounds, especially for MC music.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Boy do you guys got your work cut out for ya.

I'd would love to see the new RBH T Series (including five T-1s, and two of the subs
), I would absolutely love to see a review of the Definitive BP7001SC, CLR3000, BPXV, Supercube Reference, also Martin Logans, Paradigms, and M&amp;K. This is a lot to ask but would be awesome and to the teeth in detail.

I recently read a two and a half page review Home Theater Mag, of the above Defiitive system, it read more like an advertisment that a review. (Home Theater Ads instead of Home Theater Mag is whats its like these days.
)

Also a I think a review of the Denon DVD5900 is In order, How bout a face of uniersals players in that price range.  

Bob  </font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I would like to see some booze products reviewed. &nbsp;Given the nature of this website, I could use a good informative laugh &nbsp;

Seriously, how about the new Yamaha RX-Z9 !!!</font>

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis