Two things, HDTV and a Projector for $1k?

A

albasbal

Enthusiast
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any recommendations for a HDTV and a projector for $1000? Also, where is a good place to get a quality pj ceiling mount and screen?

I was looking at the optoma HD70 and infocus IN72 for the projector. No idea on the tv exept I want it aroun 32"

thanks

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
You can buy the projector for right around $1,000... Maybe even under $900 if you coupon/sale things correctly.

But, you arne't going to get both displays for that much money and I wouldn't try to unless you don't care about quality at all.

Figure out what you really need, then find the best that is out there - then figure out what your budget allows for. Going cheap is a sure way to end up seriously disappointed. While you can get good quality by purchasing cables from decent vendors like www.monoprice.com - you can't go cheap on your display and really expect top shelf quality. Most often you end up with a so-so image and will constantly wonder why it doesn't look very good.

The difference between spending $500 on a display and $700 or $900 may be the difference that makes you HAPPY with your purchase for 10 years or frustrated with your purchase for 10 years. It's a good bit of money to spend to be disappointed.

A

albasbal

Enthusiast
Clarification

It seems that I might have wrote my thread in a confusing matter. I was thinking $1000 for each, not total for both.

B

billnchristy

Senior Audioholic
Optoma H31 is 599 at that price you should be able to get a cheapo screen and a ceiling mount for right about 1k.

Optoma HD70 is 899 at best buy right now.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis