B

blunt

Audiophyte
ok here goes...

i want sorround sound from the sound of my tv channels ( who doesnt ?)
but i only have the cable coming trough the wall and it doesnt fit in the amplifier/reciever so now i wondered if you guys new if you could buy some kind of advice to make the sound come in as phono

cheeers.....

W

Willow

Audioholic Intern
if you just have a TV and no VCR....run the coax to the TV , go in tv menu turn tv speakers off on back of tv you should have a stereo out red white(right and left) plug in a pair of stereo cables out from there into your receiver...sit back and enjoy

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You need a TV tuner.

You need to "convert" the RF TV signal into an audio signal. This is similar to expecting to plug in an FM antenna into the AUX input on your receiver and having it work. It does work on your receiver, but remember that you feed it through the tuner section first.

Your best bet is to find the audio outputs on the back of your TV set. If there are none, most VCR's have them. In that case, you would need to use your VCR to tune in the TV channels but at least you would be able to get them in stereo.

If all else fails, new TV's with stereo audio outputs are getting cheaper and cheaper every day. I just picked up a 27" Toshiba with oodles of I/O options for $188 @ 6th Avenue.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis