Turntable Questions

P

ptykozoon

Enthusiast
Hello, fairly basic question:

I have a Marantz SR6005 that will eventually be 5.1 that I would like to connect to a Rega RP6. So all I need will be a phono pre-amp? Any suggestions? I would like to stick around the $500 mark.

Also, is there an alternative to a pre-amp? Like an amplifier with a phono input or something?:confused:

Halp!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi - yes, you'll want a phono preamp. Check out Amazon.com for some ideas. They sell in the ~$20-$40 USD range. You don't need to spend anywhere near $500 for one of those. I haven't used one before, but I know about them, and I've seen folks here with turntables talk about preamps in that price range.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Hi - yes, you'll want a phono preamp. Check out Amazon.com for some ideas. They sell in the ~$20-$40 USD range. You don't need to spend anywhere near $500 for one of those. I haven't used one before, but I know about them, and I've seen folks here with turntables talk about preamps in that price range.
Yeah, no need to spend quite that much. I'm sure there are good ones for a lot less.

I always buy a receiver that has phono preamp built in or a preamp that has the MM or MC phono preamp built in, so I don't have any direct experience with it.

Therefore, I can't make a firm recommendation, but I will show you a couple that I have read good stuff about
NAD - PP2i - Phono Preamplifier - Spearit Sound
Parasound - Zphono MM/MC Phono Stage-Audio Advisor

Not the $40 adam mentioned, but not the $500 you mentioned either

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
ProJect makes a preamp starting at around $169 MSRP

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers