turn speakers on and off remotely?

Quadzilla

Quadzilla

Audioholic Intern
Hello Everyone,
I live in a small apartment with my living room adjacent to my bedroom. My AV system is against the wall closest to the bedroom and my B speakers are in my bedroom, the speaker wire being run from my Pioneer receiver, out the living room window and into the bedroom window. I'm usually going back and forth between the rooms all day, never really spending the whole day in one room and therefore always keep both my A and B speakers on at the same time. But my neighbor who lives next door to my living room has been complaining about the volume of my music even though it's not very high (thin walls).

Unfortunately, my receiver has no speaker selector on its remote so I have to open the door to my entertainment center to turn the A speakers off. Are there any devices that would allow me to turn off my A speakers remotely? I don't need to change the volume, just being able to turn them off and on would be a great help. I've seen RF remote control speaker selectors but most are pretty expensive and more that what I need. I don't want to spend much more than $100 to do this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and happy holidays!

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi, Dan. Can you turn the speakers on and off using the remote control? If so, that opens up some doors.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Hi, Dan. Can you turn the speakers on and off using the remote control? If so, that opens up some doors.
So, what part of "Unfortunately, my receiver has no speaker selector on its remote..... " did you not understand?:D:D

Just kidding!

If a remote control speaker selector is too expensive, how about a manual speaker selector? I've seen them for well under $100. You could place it in a convenient location, then run speaker wire from the receiver to the selector and from there to the speakers.

Other than that, I got nothin'....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis