Tube Amp Schematics

M

Missionman

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys

Anyone recommend a good tube amp schematic for a DIY build?
I want the schematic for the Tube Pre-Amp itself, and i want one that has built in amplifier too. So its not just a pre-amp tube amp. if you know what i mean?
Im pretty new to schematics, but can follow them if its well explained. Like what Transformer is needed etc etc..

and prefrable, the amp schematics to have Bass and treble controls also.

So, im looking for:

* a good tube pre-amp schematic, thats pretty easy to follow and has bass and treble controls included on the build up..
* a matching amp schematic that will be built in it too.
* a Power supply schematic, (for bridge rectification etc etc).
* what transformer is needed..

Cheers

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Hi guys

Anyone recommend a good tube amp schematic for a DIY build?
I want the schematic for the Tube Pre-Amp itself, and i want one that has built in amplifier too. So its not just a pre-amp tube amp. if you know what i mean?
Im pretty new to schematics, but can follow them if its well explained. Like what Transformer is needed etc etc..

and prefrable, the amp schematics to have Bass and treble controls also.

So, im looking for:

* a good tube pre-amp schematic, thats pretty easy to follow and has bass and treble controls included on the build up..
* a matching amp schematic that will be built in it too.
* a Power supply schematic, (for bridge rectification etc etc).
* what transformer is needed..

Cheers
I would recommend the Mullard book.

I built a 10/10 when I was about 13 so over a half century ago. I used it as my main amp, up to about 1971.

They are good circuits, if you must go to tubes. If you want nostalgia and fun go at it. Don't inhale the loony vapors that try and tell you tube amps are better than solid state. They absolutely are not.

It is awkward to build tube amps integrated. I would separate the pre amps and amp in different boxes for sure.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis