William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Not sure. He is definitely a total P.O.S. From what I’ve seen.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
The Toronto Sun is a sensationalist tabloid…not something I’d consider a legitimate source.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Not sure. He is definitely a total P.O.S. From what I’ve seen.
Are you referring to Poilievre? I don't like him. He always attacks Trudeau in Parliament with negative comments, insulting him. He never suggests intelligent alternate solutions. The Conservative party he leads is seldom the favourite one in Quebec nowadays. He would need Quebec's support to become a future prime minister.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Where's the article LOL?
When the page opens, you need to scroll to the top. Unfortunately, it opens almost at the bottom. I guess it is the 2nd video imbedded in that newspaper.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

The Toronto Sun is a sensationalist tabloid…not something I’d consider a legitimate source.
One reason I asked.
Now, that video, is it a reliable source or the claim all made up or out of context.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
One reason I asked.
Now, that video, is it a reliable source or the claim all made up or out of context.
I'd thought "Sun" was the giveaway. There is one or more tabloids with the name.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

I'd thought "Sun" was the giveaway. There is one or more tabloids with the name.
But for me, Baltimore Sun came to mind, a very old paper. ;) :D

and now:
Ordered by state
o_O :D :D :D

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Are you referring to Poilievre? I don't like him. He always attacks Trudeau in Parliament with negative comments, insulting him. He never suggests intelligent alternate solutions. The Conservative party he leads is seldom the favourite one in Quebec nowadays. He would need Quebec's support to become a future prime minister.
I meant Trudeau. I don’t know much about him other than what I’ve seen online and YouTube etc. seems like a grade A bung hole but you know how the internet can be lol.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
The Sun is not the most reputable paper in Canada but the story is partially true. I did watch Poilievre's press announcement on Youtube. He's constantly bashing Trudeau so you have to take what he says with a grain of salt. The Liberal party has had a lot of cover ups over their term, though, but don't seem to have suffered for them. We almost seem to be in the same boat as the U.S. with no party having an ideal leader. Poilievre is a rather effective debater but as Verdinut mentioned he's been more about making Trudeau look bad than offering solutions, except for his constant promise to axe the carbon tax. I disagree with Trudeau's policies and he's a buffoon on the international stage, so Poilievre is just the better of two evils. <sigh>

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
It's not so much the talking head of a party, but the way parties either differentiate themselves and/or work together for the people. Mostly it seems it's about maintaining the yin/yang of competition rather than any actual meaningful results. Ad hominem only goes so far....

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
My Canadian friends. I received a link to a Toronto Sun article.
Poilievre reveals documents Trudeau has been covering up | Toronto Sun

and am wondering if this is true or just a smear job? Is the Toronto Sun a legitimate newspaper or what?
As with practically anything Poilievre speaks about, hyperbole, strawmen, ad hominem attacks and outright fabrications are the order of the day.

The big problem with the Winnipeg lab affair was obvious from the start: too much secrecy | CBC News

The scientists in question worked at the lab all through the term of the previous Conservative government (2006-2015) without an iota of concern. The fact that they might have been Chinese government assets (this is all still under investigation) only coming to light under the current Liberal government somehow makes it Trudeau's fault. Poilievre even calls it "Trudeau's lab", as if he is personally responsible for the security protocols and vetting the personnel working there. The government had no issue with investigating the matter, but insisted on keeping a tighter lid on it for security reasons. Whether that was justified can certainly be argued.

I have never been a fan of Trudeau, but his government has done a decent job overall. That said, he has a tendency to step on his own feet on occasion. From my standpoint, the single biggest positive for him is that Poilievre is such a poisonous character. Everything that is considered to be "bad" in this country is blamed on Trudeau personally. Inflation? Trudeau's fault. High interest rates? Trudeau's fault. Housing shortage (A problem that has been building for decades)? Trudeau's fault. Male pattern baldness? Trudeau's fault. Weeds in your lawn? Trudeau's fault. You get the picture...

Last spring, during the wild fire crisis that was raging across the country, Poilievre actually accused the government of starting the fires. That would be a clear nod towards the far right conspiracy theorists who believe this is happening so that the government can justify implementing measures to counter climate change. That's bordering on space laser nonsense.

The government recently negotiated an update to a trade agreement (originally signed in 2016) with Ukraine. A vote was taken in the House of Commons to ratify it on our end. All parties voted unanimously in favour - except the Conservatives, who unanimously voted against it. The reason for opposing? It includes a reference to carbon pricing. They claim the government is forcing a carbon tax on Ukraine. Never mind that Ukraine is fully supportive of the agreement, as written. And, never mind that Ukraine already has a carbon tax, which will be a prerequisite for joining the EU.

I'm unsure of where Poilievre personally stands on Ukraine, because of the volume of BS he emits. I suspect that he may be trying to straddle the fence on the issue. He knew that the government didn't need the Conservatives' votes to pass the legislation, so he could comfortably tell his MPs to vote against it. They could very well be against the carbon pricing reference on ideological terms. Or, it may be that hard right voters are turning against Ukraine. Poilievre needs to pander to them, so tossing Ukraine under the bus could an effort to shore up his base. A new hashtag has popped up recently to describe them: #MapleMAGA

The first federal election I was old enough to vote in was in 1984. I voted for the Brian Mulroney Conservatives (he just passed away a few days ago) and in each succeeding election until they lost. While he and his government had their faults, they had some major accomplishments too:
> Negotiated the FTA (forerunner to NAFTA) with the USA and Mexico.
> He was a - if not the - leader in enacting sanctions against the apartheid government of South Africa (against opposition from Thatcher and Reagan). Canada’s support for Nelson Mandela wasn’t always so steadfast - Macleans.ca
> He is also considered to be our "greenest" PM ever. When the environment was not a partisan issue | CBC Radio
In 1987, Mulroney hosted world leaders in Montreal to get them to drastically cut the use of ozone-destroying CFCs — chlorofluorocarbons. More than 40 countries signed that pledge, including conservative icons like former U.S. president Ronald Reagan and former U.K. prime minister Margaret Thatcher.

A year later, in 1988, Mulroney hosted the landmark World Climate Change Conference in Toronto, a conference that has been credited with officially putting climate change on the global agenda.

Then, in 1991, Mulroney signed the Canada-United States Air Quality Agreement with President George H. W. Bush to reduce pollution that causes acid rain.
He demonstrated that a capitalist (He was once the President of the Iron Ore Company of Canada) can also have progressive values. If the Conservatives had a leader who could give the right a good hard shake and tell them to "snap out of it", I'd be all for it.

But, as long as they insist on being a clown car that can only make right turns and not a viable government-in-waiting, I can't vote for them. Under Poilievre's leadership, I'm being forced to vote for the Liberals.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis