Triad Owners Thread

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to start a thread about a cool speaker company called Triad.

Triad is not a widely-known speaker brand. The company mainly sells to custom installers. I've been a Triad dealer since 2005 and have enjoyed it immensely because Triad does what no other speaker manufacturer can: they build speakers to order, paint them to match your décor or wall color, offer gorgeous veneers and gloss finishes, and even custom size or custom engineer a speaker for your specific requirements. Thanks to great design and engineering, Triad speakers have exceptional sound quality. In addition, unlike most mass-market brands, virtually all of Triad's models are manufactured right here in the USA in Portland, Oregon.

The company manufacturers well over 100 different products to choose from -- spanning the very affordable to the ultra-high end. Additionally, a unique aspect that Triad offers is the ability to make speakers within a series sound exactly alike. So, for example, a Triad InRoom Bronze LCR model will sound the same as an InCeiling Bronze LCR, InWall Bronze LCR and OnWall Bronze LCR.

if you have any questions regarding Triad, I would be happy to help.

Paul Scarpelli

Paul Scarpelli

Audio Pragmatist
Thanks, Dawn, I'm looking forward to this thread gaining traction. I spent fifteen years as Triad's Director of Sales & Marketing before retiring five years ago, and it's truly a special company that makes very high-quality custom and home theater speakers. I participated in a Triad Owner's thread on a different forum for many years, and we had a third of a million hits over a decade, and some great discussions. I'm hoping we can continue that over here at Audioholics (my favorite place.)

Let's hear your Triad questions and see your Triad systems.

Paul Scarpelli

Paul Scarpelli

Audio Pragmatist
Paul,
Is it true that you invented punk rock?
Murphy, you are such a troll. I wish I had invented punk rock. But I did coin the term "punk" in a phone conversation with rock critic Lester Bangs in 1969. If you Google hard enough, you can see when the term was first used, and by whom. Hey, everybody had to invent something!

Okay, back to Triad. (Rick Murphy actually knows a lot about Triad. He used to be a Triad rep.)

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Thought it would be fun to post the Triad Factory Tour video. See a Triad speaker being built from start to finish.

Paul Scarpelli

Paul Scarpelli

Audio Pragmatist
Most Triad speakers, and all of the better ones, are built-to-order. The order comes in, and the speaker is built and shipped, usually within three-five working days. Customers get the most current, fresh product, and not something that's been in a warehouse for 18 months. Building to order also allows for custom finishes including paint matching and custom veneer. (Veneer speakers take a bit longer to ship.)

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Welcome to the AH forum Dawn. Looking forward to your contributions to our community.

C

CD3

Audiophyte
Thanks, Dawn, I'm looking forward to this thread gaining traction. I spent fifteen years as Triad's Director of Sales & Marketing before retiring five years ago, and it's truly a special company that makes very high-quality custom and home theater speakers. I participated in a Triad Owner's thread on a different forum for many years, and we had a third of a million hits over a decade, and some great discussions. I'm hoping we can continue that over here at Audioholics (my favorite place.)

Let's hear your Triad questions and see your Triad systems.
Hi Paul,
I retired last summer and left Pro Audio a year prior to that. Loving retirement!. I spend a lot of time tweaking my theater and will be replacing my Bronze in room LCRs with Bronze Dolby Atmos, and can't get wait to get them. I really enjoyed our time together when you visited us at Pro Audio. Man you are funny and very very knowledgeable. Are you still in St. Georges? Dawn gave me your info to find you here, and I'm glad I did. What's the paceword? Haha. Be well my friend and stay in touch.
Best regards,
Carter Davis

Paul Scarpelli

Paul Scarpelli

Audio Pragmatist
Hi Paul,
I retired last summer and left Pro Audio a year prior to that. Loving retirement!. I spend a lot of time tweaking my theater and will be replacing my Bronze in room LCRs with Bronze Dolby Atmos, and can't get wait to get them. I really enjoyed our time together when you visited us at Pro Audio. Man you are funny and very very knowledgeable. Are you still in St. Georges? Dawn gave me your info to find you here, and I'm glad I did. What's the paceword? Haha. Be well my friend and stay in touch.
Best regards,
Carter Davis
Hey, Carter, ya bastage! I'm still in the St. George area, and loving my semi-retirement. I still write articles for Audioholics, though. (Google Scarpelli and Audioholics to take you to a dozen of them.) I have a new article coming out April 1st...if you catch my drift. <wink> Great hearting from you, and I really enjoyed working with you, and even Lew. Well, you, anyway...

S

stevem1

Audiophyte
Hey, Carter, ya bastage! I'm still in the St. George area, and loving my semi-retirement. I still write articles for Audioholics, though. (Google Scarpelli and Audioholics to take you to a dozen of them.) I have a new article coming out April 1st...if you catch my drift. <wink> Great hearting from you, and I really enjoyed working with you, and even Lew. Well, you, anyway...
Say Paul have a chance to buy LCR gold in rooms they are 10 years old and have the horn. Is $650 a reasonable price? Thought you might be in the know. Thanks

Paul Scarpelli

Paul Scarpelli

Audio Pragmatist
Say Paul have a chance to buy LCR gold in rooms they are 10 years old and have the horn. Is $650 a reasonable price? Thought you might be in the know. Thanks
They're older than 10 years old because the big replacement version has been around longer than that. The Classic Gold LCR was well-loved and it was a great HT speaker, despite its small size. The dispersion control lens optimized performance by limiting vertical dispersion. If you can get three of them for that price, that's a good deal, but there's an issue. Seas quit making that 6.5" driver a dozen years ago, and there isn't another one on the planet. The suspension was foam, and can deteriorate, and there are no replacement drivers. Another driver can't be substituted, either. Triad no longer repairs that model. If all the drivers work and you don't plan on hitting 108 db in your room, they're great speakers.

S

stevem1

Audiophyte
They're older than 10 years old because the big replacement version has been around longer than that. The Classic Gold LCR was well-loved and it was a great HT speaker, despite its small size. The dispersion control lens optimized performance by limiting vertical dispersion. If you can get three of them for that price, that's a good deal, but there's an issue. Seas quit making that 6.5" driver a dozen years ago, and there isn't another one on the planet. The suspension was foam, and can deteriorate, and there are no replacement drivers. Another driver can't be substituted, either. Triad no longer repairs that model. If all the drivers work and you don't plan on hitting 108 db in your room, they're great speakers.
Thank you for the reply, that gives me food for thought. With the drivers not being made anymore that is quite a dilemma. I am going through a similar situation with a pair of Von Schweikert Audio speakers. Think I will pass with your well informed info. I owe you a beer or whatever if your ever in the Kansas City area.

C

CD3

Audiophyte
Even Lew well maybe not so much Lew HaHa. Still riding the bike? Yeah I still am a fargin icehole. Warren is getting me a pair of the Bronze inroom Atmos speakers and I can't wait. Everyone asks me all the time what I do with myself every day in retirement. I am on the forums, reprogram my remote (almost every day) and tweak my Theater. I've got (so far ha)
LG 65 EF 9500 OLED TV
Triad Bronze in room LCRs and cheapo Elan inwall surrounds
Free rep samples
Yamaha RX A3050
Elac Atmos speakers to be replaced with Triad.
Apple TV 4th gen
Oppo 103D BluRay player
SONOS all over the house
My wife thinks I'm insane, and in a way she's right :)
I hope you are well, and since Dawn found you for me we can stay in touch.
All the best,
Carter

Paul Scarpelli

Paul Scarpelli

Audio Pragmatist
Even Lew well maybe not so much Lew HaHa. Still riding the bike? Yeah I still am a fargin icehole. Warren is getting me a pair of the Bronze inroom Atmos speakers and I can't wait. Everyone asks me all the time what I do with myself every day in retirement. I am on the forums, reprogram my remote (almost every day) and tweak my Theater. I've got (so far ha)
LG 65 EF 9500 OLED TV
Triad Bronze in room LCRs and cheapo Elan inwall surrounds
Free rep samples
Yamaha RX A3050
Elac Atmos speakers to be replaced with Triad.
Apple TV 4th gen
Oppo 103D BluRay player
SONOS all over the house
My wife thinks I'm insane, and in a way she's right :)
I hope you are well, and since Dawn found you for me we can stay in touch.
All the best,
Carter
Dawn blew my cover. I am hiding out here in the Jehovah's Witness Protection Program.

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
Most Triad speakers, and all of the better ones, are built-to-order.
I was going to use some Silver InCeiling Sealed Rounds for my modest Atmos aspirations..... but those are some of the few models that aren't build to order in the USA. Should be okay for my situation though, I hope.

It's a 12x19 foot space, 7.5 feet high, and I'll be using these in-ceiling speakers for top middle duties in a 7.2.2 setup.

(L+R are Gold LCR; Center is a Bronze LCR that needs to be upgraded. Side surrounds and backs are Bronze flavors at present as well.)

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
Update: the ic silver sealed rounds are installed. No complaints.

DigitalDawn

DigitalDawn

Senior Audioholic
Good to hear that Nathan. Nice to see you over here.

nathan_h

nathan_h

Audioholic
I've been monstrously impressed by Triad.

Went through B&W, Thiel, Magnepan, Mackie, Usher, and some Canadian brands and once I tried Triad I realized what a no nonsense design could deliver.

There is a reason custom installers love Triad. It is well built. It is accurate, flat, with even and uniform off axis response. The money goes into real engineering, not marketing, ads and margins.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis