M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General
Those jackup boats are to head into Port of Call when a storm that bad is headed their way, or head into Shallow waters jack down to umm if I remember right +30 maybe +20 may be more up can't remember I slept since then, and wait the storm out. But first and foremost it is the Captians responsibility of his crew and ship. He made the call to stand pat. When he should have headed into shallow waters or Port of Call. If you look in the back ground you will see another jackup boat in the back ground and the Production facility also that they where contracted out to.
From what I read, the storm was predicted and warnings were issued. I don't know if they knew of the severity (80-90+ mph winds) at the time. I'm hoping they can get some answers from the survivors and hopefully find more in air pockets in the hull. I can't imagine those lift boats are much fun when the weather isn't perfect.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I grew up by the ocean and worked on it for many years. It's so sad when I see stuff like this..

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
No word yet if they found anymore survivors? Anyone on AH from Louisiana other than me knows anything else about the ones they haven't found yet? I know this is a Thread that won't be Popular but I made my living out in the Gulf of Mexico, just trying to see if any new news is out. Just pray for the loved ones lost and their family. I may know one are two could be a Son or someone I know personally of anyone of the thousands of men I worked with in the Petroleum industry. Any news please post up.
While this is far from my home, whenever I see events like this, they remind me of this one - which was very close to home:

Ocean Ranger - Wikipedia

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Not looking good @GO-NAD! News down here reported one dead 4 rescued the rest are still missing. Divers are being used but Bad weather is complicating the search for the lost Souls still missing.
At this point, I wouldn't expect any good news. :(

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This story is terrible. I saw when you first put this up @Gmoney. Didn’t know what to say... I had just come back from the Gulf of Mexico, and even had taken a fishing charter about 4mi offshore. Due to that, I empathetically just felt a sadness.
Here’s a couple shots off the bow. I don’t know the capacity, or age of these rigs but it was really cool to be that close.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that you mentioned the Edmund Fitzgerald. I grew up aroun Lake Superior and have the utmost respect for open water. I’ve even been lucky enough to man the helm of a 40’ sailboat up the north shore of LS. Very powerful feeling, while also reminding me how small I am.
Here’s a pretty cool story about a freighter that was following the EF during her fateful journey.

I can also identify with your feelings of brotherhood. Life at sea is special.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis