Traditional Cable and Non HDTV with Receiver

C

carlosleon2005@

Audiophyte
I realize it's a simple question but I'm not sure if I should run my traditional cable from the wall to the receiver (to do all of the switching from one place), or directly to the TV (not HDTV). The only coaxial input on the reciever (Denon 2105) says FM antenna????

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Run it directly to the TV and VCR, if applicable.

That's aRF signal and needs to go through a tuner stage to turn it into a composite video and audio signals, which is what your receiver is looking for.

C

carlosleon2005@

Audiophyte
So if I read your response correctly, I should just run the cable to the TV and then maybe take my TV sound outputs and run them to the receiver??? Also, any ideas why my receiver is not picking up any radio? Do you HAVE to have an external FM antenna to get any sound?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
carlosleon2005@ said:
So if I read your response correctly, I should just run the cable to the TV and thentake my TV sound outputs and run them to the receiver???
Yes.

carlosleon2005@ said:
Also, any ideas why my receiver is not picking up any radio? Do you HAVE to have an external FM antenna to get any sound?
Perhaps. Not all tuners are created equal. What are you suing for an antenna now?

C

carlosleon2005@

Audiophyte
Nothing, just hooked everything up last night and have no external FM antenna. It's been a long time since I've dealt with home audio but I don't remember really needing one???

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You're gonna need SOME kind of antenna for FM.

At least stick a wire in it. If you wanna go whole hog, go to RatShack or Wal Mart and invest $3.00 in a FM dipole antenna.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis