V

vinny

Audioholic Intern
I have 2 floorstanding speakers and 2 rear surround speakers..the thing is I just got 2 extra polk rti4's free and I was wondering if I should hook them up as my 'b' front speakers on wall brackets working with my 2 floorstanding speakers my amp is a rxv650, I was going to hook them up as my presence speakers but I have given up with that idea..anyway what do you think :confused:

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
vinny said:
I have 2 floorstanding speakers and 2 rear surround speakers..the thing is I just got 2 extra polk rti4's free and I was wondering if I should hook them up as my 'b' front speakers on wall brackets working with my 2 floorstanding speakers my amp is a rxv650, I was going to hook them up as my presence speakers but I have given up with that idea..anyway what do you think :confused:
The RTi4's are spectacular bookshelves. Why in the world wouldn't you hook them up - either as presence speakers, or rear surrounds? At the least, use them as a second room "B" stereo speaker. They have outstanding bass for such a small speaker, and a wonderful tweeter. There's not many bookshelves out there for the price that can compare IMO, especially for the price you got them for! What type of front floorstanders and surrounds are you running now?

V

vinny

Audioholic Intern
Hi Im running as my fronts a pair of yammys ns555 and the rear surrounds are polks rti4 all of this I got free from my work in addition they have given me the extra pair of polks just don't know where to hook them up to..but thinking as the b speakers above my floorstanding spks on wall brackets

Use either as Presence speakers (above and outside your mains on the wall) or as Surround Back speakers. Do not merely use them to "add" to your front channels - more is not better.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis